Watching Helplessly As Death Slowly Takes A 4 Year Old Girl

Bruce
Posted
Posted

thank you BRUCE for the updates for this child,

I too feel bad that this can happen is a country that prides itself on GOD, the CHURCH etc,,

as Jack said if they could spend 1/5 of the effort they spend on "catching human traffickers" could one see the improvement of the other helpless children that go unnoticed ,

I would comment further on the parents BUT i have read and reread the forum rules on posting and I stop at that.

Right. What has been done is done. So I am focusing on making positive changes for the girl's future. While I do find fault with the parents, especially in that MOST Philippine parents, even though in similar financial situations are still clean and responsible with their children, all the observations about the family will not change anything. I accept that.

So I focus on the girl mostly and hope that this health crisis will be her last. She really is not a problem or much of a financial drain when compared to raising a child in the US.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Bruce, my friend,  I realize that you can only help one Child at a time, and those that see this may just see it as interference but I for one of the many here commend you actions and the help you are providing. Well Done BUT there are severe ramifications to this.

I made a Statement in a Post on another Topic about Mr President Pulling his sox up pretty soon.

One of the issues I know that was raised on his trip to Brussels (To Enter into trade Agreements with Europe) was his failure to abide by the Human Rights Agreement (Bill) he signed up to some years ago. ( source,  My nephew who is a reporter for the UK's People. A Sunday News Paper) If Countries are going to sign up for things like the Human Rights  Agreement (Bill)  {It's International}[ World wide even] Then they should be held accountable for non compliance, Clearly Here (RP)Turkey, Bangladesh  and some other Countries that signed up are just only paying lip service to it.

Child Protection is a major feature of this Agreement. 

I am in No way trying to make any Political deviation to this Topic  but to me, If you Sign up you obey the rules and implications you are signing up for. Same as the rules here on this Forum, Break them and get Sanctioned or Banned.

100 million people were relying on the RP's Administrations promise made prior to the election of this current Administration. to Put things right on Health and Human Rights, What happened?

Sin tax for Hospitals? ( where is that Money?)

Sorry Guys & Gals but this really does make my blood boil. No, we as Individuals will never make a big Difference but our countries are certainly trying to. Is  the help just being Spurned? Seems Some Administrations want their cake And eat it. The people obviously do not matter.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Bruce, my friend,  I realize that you can only help one Child at a time, and those that see this may just see it as interference but I for one of the many here commend you actions and the help you are providing. Well Done BUT there are severe ramifications to this.

I made a Statement in a Post on another Topic about Mr President Pulling his sox up pretty soon.

One of the issues I know that was raised on his trip to Brussels (To Enter into trade Agreements with Europe) was his failure to abide by the Human Rights Agreement (Bill) he signed up to some years ago. ( source,  My nephew who is a reporter for the UK's People. A Sunday News Paper) If Countries are going to sign up for things like the Human Rights  Agreement (Bill)  {It's International}[ World wide even] Then they should be held accountable for non compliance, Clearly Here (RP)Turkey, Bangladesh  and some other Countries that signed up are just only paying lip service to it.

Child Protection is a major feature of this Agreement. 

I am in No way trying to make any Political deviation to this Topic  but to me, If you Sign up you obey the rules and implications you are signing up for. Same as the rules here on this Forum, Break them and get Sanctioned or Banned.

100 million people were relying on the RP's Administrations promise made prior to the election of this current Administration. to Put things right on Health and Human Rights, What happened?

Sin tax for Hospitals? ( where is that Money?)

Sorry Guys & Gals but this really does make my blood boil. No, we as Individuals will never make a big Difference but our countries are certainly trying to. Is  the help just being Spurned? Seems Some Administrations want their cake And eat it. The people obviously do not matter.

It's not so much that the president doesn't want to do as he promised, it's that he had to get the rest of those elected to back him in making his promises a reality. He had used many favors already in the past, so to get more unfavorable bills passed isn't going to be so easy.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
It's not so much that the president doesn't want to do as he promised, it's that he had to get the rest of those elected to back him in making his promises a reality. He had used many favors already in the past, so to get more unfavorable bills passed isn't going to be so easy.

Bob! The Bill was already Passed, He Signed the Agreement.

There is no cooling off period on these things. You sign up you are part of things. Now do the right thing. As Promised.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

*Human rights lawyer Harry Roque filed a murder complaint with the Olongapo City Prosecutor's Office late Wednesday against Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton from the 2nd Battalion 9th Marines for the death of Jeffrey "Jennifer" Laude, who was found lifeless in a lodge room, last the weekend.*

taken from a Quoted post on another thread.

OH! How, Odd, that this Administration can pull out the Human Rights Agreement when it wants To but of course there is a Foreigner involved. 

I rest my case on this one.

JP :angry:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Bruce, thank you for sharing this very sad story with us.

I have had discussions with Filipinos concerning the Catholic Church helping poor people.  They all said about the same thing that Bruce said, the church is profit oriented and therefore only want more donations and do not help poor people.  One man said when the church's bank accounts in Carcar City reach there maximum insurable limit the money it sent to the church in Manila and when the accounts in Manila reach their maximum the money is sent to the Vatican in Rome.  The church may preach about giving and helping the poor but it doesn't apply to them.

Whenever I see a homeless man wearing very dirty rags I thing about the nice shirts and pants I have that I no longer wear. My wife will give them a small cash donation if we come close to them but I believe they will not wear my nice clothes because they want to look like they are homeless.  Most look like they never wash their face even with water which shouldn't be that hard to do.  When people have been in that situation for years I think they give up and accept the fact that nothing will get better for them.  Its a very sad story.

• Like 1