Swiss National Found Murdered In Surigao City Hotel

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Surigao City: 10/9/2014

Police identified the victim as Florian Mayer, 23, of Geneva, GMA News stringer Natz Corbeta reported.

Mayer's body was found dumped in a rice field at Barangay Togbongon in Surigao City. A witness saw the body at about 8 a.m.

An autopsy showed the victim had a stab wound in the chest as well as laceration wounds in the neck. There were also signs of strangulation.

The victim likewise bore head injuries that suggested he may have been hit with a blunt object.

A separate report on MindaNews said police also found Mayer’s wallet with the driver’s license, credit cards, a condom, an iPhone, a cigarette lighter, a SIM card, and a pack of cigarettes.

Found on the victim's body were a gold necklace and white gold bracelet.

An investigation showed Mayer checked in at an inn Monday, with a male companion who checked in as “John Lennon” but is nowhere to be found.

Police are verifying information that Meyer was seen with a woman and a Filipino man the night before he was found dead.

Investigators are eyeing closed-circuit television footage from the apartelle to get more leads on the case.  — Joel Locsin/ELR/LBG, GMA News

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/382763/news/regions/swiss-national-killed-in-surigao-city

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed link
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A Swiss National named John Lennon (nickname "Nono")

WOW! James now this is a must to Follow, A SWISS National with such a famous. Scouse name, I for one will  be following this.. Is it a time for the Swiss to be  Sorted out, I ask only that we have quite a few here in Dumaguete. maybe we need to let them know, now is your time,

keep looking over you Shoulder. I don't mean to be Flippant but Look at it logically.

JP

• Like 4

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

A Swiss National named John Lennon (nickname "Nono")

WOW! James now this is a must to Follow, A SWISS National with such a famous. Scouse name, I for one will  be following this.. Is it a time for the Swiss to be  Sorted out, I ask only that we have quite a few here in Dumaguete. maybe we need to let them know, now is your time,

keep looking over you Shoulder. I don't mean to be Flippant but Look at it logically.

JP

I think the PNP here will be wondering if the murder is connected to the two Swiss Nationals who were murdered on CDO on the 6th of this month. That double murder has the earmarks of a pro-hit. There is a lot on business involving the many mines around the hills here in Notheren Mindanao. They could be connected or simply be seperate occurances, but it does seem rather strange.

• Like 5

Julia
Posted
Posted

:( :( :(

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The two older men killed in Opol look like a "hit"; this looks more like a "crime of passion".

• Like 2

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

SURIGAO CITY—Authorities are now on a frantic search for a “John Lennon,” the Caucasian companion of murdered Swiss Florian Mayer who checked in with the victim at an apartelle a day before his body was found dumped on a grassy area Tuesday.

Police Superintendent Ruben Delos Santos, the city chief of police, disclosed that Mayer, 22, was spotted in the city with the Caucasian companion, who was also believed to have accompanied the victim inside the Jazz Apartelle in Barangay Togbongon on Monday, October 6.

Interestingly, the unidentified Caucasian used the name “John Lennon” when he signed his name on the apartelle register. Police said the two occupied room 607, and Mayer last seen entering his room at about 2:16 p.m. on the same day, Monday. Apartelle personnel said they did not see Mayer go out of the room and he could have left the apartelle unnoticed.

But where was “John Lennon”?

Police said he was nowhere to be found when Mayer’s lifeless body was discovered. Apartelle attendants said “John Lennon” even failed to check out from the accommodation properly.

Multiple sources disclosed that Mayer was flush with cash and had been planning to establish his own bar in Siargao Island, where he reportedly intended to permanently settle.

“John Lennon,” these sources said, had befriended Mayer and accompanied the latter to Surigao City to buy materials and other necessities for the bar he was planning to construct.

Mayer died from strangulation and a lone stab wound that pierced through his heart, according to the autopsy conducted by Dr. Alex Uy of the Philippine National Police’s (PNP) Regional Crime Laboratory.

Police Chief Inspector Miraflor Tiu of Scene of the Crime Operatives (Soco) said Mayer also sustained laceration on his right leg and on his head, as well as bruises on his back.

Robbery could not be ruled out yet even if Mayer’s jewelries—gold necklace and silver bracelet—and wallet containing several credit cards were still in his possession, Inspector Tiu said. Found in Mayer’s rented room were his personal belongings and a gray Eastpak backpack containing his personal luggage.

Police Officer 3 Cesar Johans C. Castillo, the case Investigator, noted the presence of tire marks near the area where Mayer’s body was dumped. There were also no signs of struggle in the vicinity, he added.

This, he said, indicated that Mayer was already dead when his body was dumped at the area.

Mayer’s remains now lie in state at the Nilo Funeral Services in Kilometer 3, Barangay Luna.

Police are asking those who have information about Mayer’s killing to contact them: Surigao del Norte PPO hotline 0921-5114496; Surigao City Police Station 0998-1787778, PO3 Cesar Johans C. Castillo-0928-3146599, PRO 13 hotline: 342-1367; 09084544548. Caraga News/Jun Clerigo of DXKS-Surigao

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Lets all pray the authority's don't start removing random tourists or expats from departing aircraft like what was done in Cebu.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

The lead PNP investigator PO3 Castillo viewed surveillance cameras footage from one of the Surigao City fast food establishments (did not state McDonalds or Jollibee) for the day the young man was murdered. The footage caught images of the two men entering and ordering burgers, fries and drinks and then sitting together eating. Later at approx. 1am images then showed that the man know as John Lennon reentered the food establishment alone and ordered a soda, that he left the soda and his backpack on the counter while he stepped out in front of the establishment talking on a cell phone, then he entered the establishment to grab his backpack and drink and left. The radio report mentioned that the PNP may have a lead as to John Lennon's whereabouts. 

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update:

I just text the lead PNP investigator on this case PO3 Castillo and have asked him for a picture of the man calling himself John Lennon so I could post it here on the forums. He has yet given me the real name of John Lennon but he did say that they have talked to the girlfriend of the man known as John Lennon in General Luna, Siargao Island and she told him that he is now in Switzerland. I am sure they are now checking with the Philippine BI to verify his true name and if he has in fact exited the country. When and if I get a copy of the John Lennon photo I will post it as well as any further information the PNP are able to disclose to me as it comes available.

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much for the updates, and for taking the iniitaive with the Police.