Swiss National Found Murdered In Surigao City Hotel

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Either collusion or more likely carelessness.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I will check with the PNP investigators in charge of the case and see if there is any new information which can be released to the public concerning this case.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Just bumping so it can be seen, in the hopes that anyone reading this thread who may possibly have new information pertaining to this case which may assist investigators will view the thread.

• 3 months later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update:

Sorry I have waited so long to post this but till a couple of days ago they did not want any new information posted. There were Swiss investigators who had traveled here to Mindanao to ask assistance from the Surigao City and Siargao Island PNP. A fellow expat on another forum where I posted a mirrored tread had been following the thread and had sent me some insightful intel which led to a break in the case. The investigator following this Intel were able to find witness who provided the leads necessary to help close the books on this case. With this intel and witness statements in hand they were able to return to Switzerland and confront the man previously know as John Lennon, and secure a confession. John Lennon confessed to hiring the murder of his friend and then fleeing the Philippines. Since this member choose to be anonymous then I will not mention this member's name, but he has the gratitude of the Swiss authorities, the family of the deceased and both the Surigao City PNP and the Siargao Island PNP. 

There is more to the story but at this time I have been asked to only report what I have been authorized to release. During the beginning of the thread on the slain Canadian businessman Harry Doyle which is also is this forum, there were several forum members who PMed me with information which I then forwarded to the PNP investigators; and though these leads did not yield much in the way of results this information still showed that the forum has use. In both cases it allowed family, friends, associates and investigators a means to receive quick access to much sought out information. When they tried to do internet searches the associated forum thread would show in their search engines. This I know has also been the case as I was twice approached by relatives of slain expats in two other cases where other members had posted threads about the crimes. They reached out through Facebook as my username on the forums use my own name.

The forum threads can be a useful tool and far too often the only real source of information a distraught family member has to get real-time information. Authorities in the Philippines and in most countries first require a signed consent form to be signed in both countries for them to release even the most basic of information. The fear of possible litigation hinders the willingness of authorities in both countries to release information even to the family of the victim due to the fear of later being sued. Forum threads can be very useful to legally circumvent this diplomatic red tape. I personally know this has been true in four different cases; but one has to insure that information released has been cleared as public record, that the presumption of 'Innocent until proven guilty' is maintained and that 'Sub Judice' rule is always observed. This case was not solved by me, rather it was the forum member who was willing to come forward with the much needed information, and his being willing to allow that information to be shared with authorities. It is his actions and decisions that helped crack this case. I tip my hat to this gentleman as he help bring the murderer of a fellow expat to justice; as well as helped bring a sense of finality and sense of closure to the slain man's family, friends and associates. Any thanks, praise or accolades from forum members are solely his and his alone and I personally tip my hat to this man.

Thank you forum members as it shows that actions can matter.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 5

ManilaBae
Posted
Posted

Update:

Sorry I have waited so long to post this but till a couple of days ago they did not want any new information posted. There were Swiss investigators who had traveled here to Mindanao to ask assistance from the Surigao City and Siargao Island PNP. A fellow expat on another forum where I posted a mirrored tread had been following the thread and had sent me some insightful intel which led to a break in the case. The investigator following this Intel were able to find witness who provided the leads necessary to help close the books on this case. With this intel and witness statements in hand they were able to return to Switzerland and confront the man previously know as John Lennon, and secure a confession. John Lennon confessed to hiring the murder of his friend and then fleeing the Philippines. Since this member choose to be anonymous then I will not mention this member's name, but he has the gratitude of the Swiss authorities, the family of the deceased and both the Surigao City PNP and the Siargao Island PNP. 

There is more to the story but at this time I have been asked to only report what I have been authorized to release. During the beginning of the thread on the slain Canadian businessman Harry Doyle which is also is this forum, there were several forum members who PMed me with information which I then forwarded to the PNP investigators; and though these leads did not yield much in the way of results this information still showed that the forum has use. In both cases it allowed family, friends, associates and investigators a means to receive quick access to much sought out information. When they tried to do internet searches the associated forum thread would show in their search engines. This I know has also been the case as I was twice approached by relatives of slain expats in two other cases where other members had posted threads about the crimes. They reached out through Facebook as my username on the forums use my own name.

The forum threads can be a useful tool and far too often the only real source of information a distraught family member has to get real-time information. Authorities in the Philippines and in most countries first require a signed consent form to be signed in both countries for them to release even the most basic of information. The fear of possible litigation hinders the willingness of authorities in both countries to release information even to the family of the victim due to the fear of later being sued. Forum threads can be very useful to legally circumvent this diplomatic red tape. I personally know this has been true in four different cases; but one has to insure that information released has been cleared as public record, that the presumption of 'Innocent until proven guilty' is maintained and that 'Sub Judice' rule is always observed. This case was not solved by me, rather it was the forum member who was willing to come forward with the much needed information, and his being willing to allow that information to be shared with authorities. It is his actions and decisions that helped crack this case. I tip my hat to this gentleman as he help bring the murderer of a fellow expat to justice; as well as helped bring a sense of finality and sense of closure to the slain man's family, friends and associates. Any thanks, praise or accolades from forum members are solely his and his alone and I personally tip my hat to this man.

Thank you forum members as it shows that actions can matter.

Very well done and thank you for sticking with this case right through the end. These cases provide so much lessons learned to expats who desire to create a life in a place unfamiliar to them.

Im really saddened by the story of this hopeful young Swiss man who wanted to pursue his entrepreneurial dream, which was then cut short by the ill-motives of malicious individuals. I hope that similar incidents are curbed through the strengthening of the expat communities in the Philippines, irrespective of which country we had come from.

• Like 1