Swiss National Found Murdered In Surigao City Hotel

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update to Case:

The case for Murder had been filed as City Prosecutors Office docketed under NPS No XIII-05-INV-14J-00431 dated October 16, 2014 duly administered and received by Atty. Maureen F. Chua/Assistant City Prosecutor, the case was handled by Atty. Marie Khristina V. Patt Salumbides/State Prosecutor. However after evaluation the evidences submitted, handling prosecutor dismissed the case against the primary suspect for lack of merit dated February 18, 2015

The lifeless body of Florian Mayer (Swiss national) was found October 7, 2014 in a rice field in Barangay , Togbongon, Surigao City which is located near the Jazz Hotel where Florian Mayer and colleague Arnaud Mcfly had checked in. The grassy area were the body was found showed no signs of a struggle but tire tracks were noticed near the scene. The prime suspect was his colleague identified as Arnaud Mcfly a.k.a John Lennon, Nano Gerald, Arnaud Olivier Juvet, John Does, Jane Does and Nono (still at large). Suspect Arnaud Mcfly went immediately to Gen. Luna, Siargao Island on the morning of October 7, 2015 and on October 8, 2014 @9am left Gen. Luna via Sayak Airport, Del Carmen, Surigao del Norte connecting flight to Cebu City airport and into Switzerland.

The case has been reopened with the recommendation that suspect Arnaud Mcfly a.k.a. "Nono" be charged for "Obstruction of Justice" under Presidential Decree 1829.

The Arnaud Myfly a.k.a "Nono" and the slain man Florian Mayer had left Siargao to Cebu the following morning the body of the slain Swiss man's body was discovered. The two men were known associates in Siargao Island and had traveled together from Siargao Island to Surigao City together and both checked into the Jazz Hotel together. They were supposedly together when approached by robbers. early the following morning "Nono" is seen on surveillance in the local McDonalds and also checked into another hotel under another name. "Nono" appears to have never returned to the Jazz Hotel or ever connecting the PNP to report the attack. To date "Nono" has not tried to assist the PNP in any way to assist in the investigation of his slain friend Mr. Florian Mayer.

The investigation is on going and there are details and aspects to the investigation which I have not yet been given the permission to posts at this time. The PNP here hope that perhaps other Swiss national on the forums may have any information that may be useful or even help in assisting the contact to any of the family of the slain man Florian Mayer. They do believe that Florian Mayer was from Copenhagen. They also hope that anyone who knew "Nono" and may have any information that could assist this case can also be contacted.

The case has been assigned to SPO3 Anthony Miole who was the led investigator assigned to the murder case of Canadian Harry Doyle and PO3 Cesar Johans C. Castillo. I met with officer Miole yesterday at the hearing for the Doyle case and he asked if I could post released information in this case on to the forum. This was so that anyone here who may have personally knew the murdered Swiss national or his colleague, who had left the county the following day the body of the murdered man was discovered, may have any useful information pertaining to the case. It is the hope of inspector Miole that the forum may help link the PNP here with family, friends and associates of the slain man.  The forum during the Doyle murder case was instrumental in assisting the family of the slain Canadian to be able to contact and exchange information and documents needed to assist the investigators.  Anyone with information pertaining to the case can contact SPO3 Anthony Miole on his cell # 09105805889 or PO3 Cesar Johans C. Castillo-0928-3146599, or through this thread, or PM me and I will gladly forward the information.

Please note:  as was the case in the thread of slain Canadian Harry Doyle there is a strong probability that family members, friends and associates will be viewing and trying to follow the thread for information and updates pertaining this case. The thread will probably also be followed by police and authorities of both the Philippines and Switzerland and the Swiss Embassy.   

Police are asking those who have information about Mayer’s killing to contact them: Surigao del Norte PPO hotline 0921-5114496; Surigao City Police Station 0998-1787778, SPO3 Anthony Miole cell # 09105805889, PO3 Cesar Johans C. Castillo-0928-3146599, PRO 13 hotline: 342-1367; 09084544548. Caraga News/Jun Clerigo of DXKS-Surigao

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The thread will probably also be followed by police and authorities of both the Philippines and Switzerland and the Swiss Embassy.   

James Great stuff BUT please be careful out there post-2148-0-77983600-1437737023.jpg others may be following also. :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

The thread will probably also be followed by police and authorities of both the Philippines and Switzerland and the Swiss Embassy.   

James Great stuff BUT please be careful out there attachicon.gifmod target..jpg others may be following also. :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

Hey Gunny (James),

Looks like you're turning out to be a great investigative reporter or journalist.  We appreciate all the updates

in both cases (Doyle and Mayer) but please always watch your six, as Jack P advises you to do.  

post-686-0-12972300-1437752785_thumb.jpg  Lock and load Marine -- it's a target enriched environment!  

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Just bumping the thread so it will be viewed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Update:

I met with the PNP Investigators late yesterday evening and talked with them again after the hearings today. There are a few things that I am allowed to update pertaining to this case.

1.) I was told that the Surigao City PNP are currently in direct contact with a special investigative wing of Swiss law enforcement.

2.) October 7, 2014, the morning the body of Florian Mayer was discovered the suspect Arnaud Myfly a.k.a "Nono", John Lennon, Nano Gerald, Arnaud Olivier Juvet, John Does and Jane Does took a passenger Lancha from Surigao City to Siargao Island; where the suspect Arnaud Mcfly went immediately to Gen. Luna, Siargao Island on the morning of October 7, 2015 and on the morning of October 8, 2014 @9am left Gen. Luna via Sayak Airport, Del Carmen, Surigao del Norte connecting flight to Cebu City airport and into Switzerland. He paid cash for the flight ticket. This appears to have been an attempt to expeditiously leave the Philippines.

3.) The charge of “Obstruction” is due to the suspect’s flight from the country and his not cooperating with the PNP investigators. If the evidence supports, there will be an additional charge of murder.

4.) The investigation is own going and the PNP are presently working any and all new leads which has been provided.

There is still much I am currently restricted to post, but I will update any new information as it has been approved by the PNP investigators to be released to the public.

Police are asking those who have any information about the Mayer’s killing to please contact them: Surigao del Norte PPO hotline 0921-5114496; Surigao City Police Station 0998-1787778, SPO3 Anthony Miole cell # 09105805889, PO3 Cesar Johans C. Castillo-0928-3146599, PRO 13 hotline: 342-1367; 09084544548. Caraga News/Jun Clerigo of DXKS-Surigao

or email the investigators.

SPO3 Cesar Johans C. Castello: castillocesarjohans@gmail.com

SPO3 Anthony Miole: marco_mance26@yahoo.com.au

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Thanks James. I for one (and I am very sure I am not alone) really appreciate the trouble that you go to to investigate and report these cases for us.

I think we can assume that the suspect boarded the plane using a passport, that it was probably a genuine passport, and that it had his real name on it.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Thanks James. I for one (and I am very sure I am not alone) really appreciate the trouble that you go to to investigate and report these cases for us.

I think we can assume that the suspect boarded the plane using a passport, that it was probably a genuine passport, and that it had his real name on it.

I am sure you are right. I believe the PNP here also went to our local BI office to varify the name he had used when extending his visa where that would also be able to get a copy of his passport front page. They were also able to find where he purchased his flight ticket. I was shown a copy of the receipt which showed he purchased the ticket the day he flew out of Siargao to link to Surigao City to Cebu, and that he paid cash for his ticket. I was told they are investigating which filght to took to exit Cebu, where it was purchased and to see if it was also paid for by cash or if he used a credit card to pay the outbound ticket.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was told they are investigating which filght to took to exit Cebu, where it was purchased and to see if it was also paid by cash or credit card

So I guess we can Take it that he was a 9a visa on extensions. So if he had been here over 6 months and I would hazard a guess yes!

he will have needed an ECC So if the BI had been doing their job right and asking for proof of leaving by a ticket, they would have known where he had gone from Cebu But.....................

just saying 

JP  :tiphat:

Morning all :morning1:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Having just Thought about this a little Deeper, If and I do think the suspect would have needed an ECC, Why was he not picked up on the radar when applying for it or as we have heard before this ECC thing is just a money spinner and only lip service paid to applications.

In no way am I trying to muddy waters but throughout James's Reporting lack of thinking out side the box can be seen at times from the Authorities.

If this man is/was a suspect he should not have been able to leave the PI under normal means as any of us would. Collusion?

It makes you think. Yes? 

JP :)  :tiphat:

• Like 2