Happy Birthday Mikejwoodnz

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Happy Birthday mikejwoodnz! :540: :540: :551: :551: 63 years young today! :th_thsmilies-29057: :541: :558:

mikejwoodnz
Posted
Posted (edited)

- thank you - I may be getting younger every year but last week was my father's 90th Birthday which he celebrated at a local Wine Bar with 5 generations (on my sisters side) of his descendants. He looks and acts like a man of 70 and, even tho he's 90, he drove himself there but even more surprisingly he had to be driven home :th_imstupid: -

Edited by mikejwoodnz

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
- thank you - I may be getting younger every year but last week was my father's 90th Birthday which he celebrated at a local Wine Bar with 5 generations (on my sisters side) of his descendants. He looks and acts like a man of 70 and, even tho he's 90, he drove himself there but even more surprisingly he had to be driven home :th_imstupid: -
90 sure is a good achievement,last week it was my fathers 80th but unfortunately he is not so healthy with lung cancer and only a coupe of months left.He battled through his party but was overwhelmed by the surprise guests that arrived so all in all he was happy.I was happy too that he made it to 80 as I think it was something that was a goal for him :thumbsup:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Belated happy birthday to your dad and great to hear about you dad enjoying life and heading for 100 and on from there, gives many of us hope to do the same and lets hope for many, many more years. :thumbsup:
90 sure is a good achievement,last week it was my fathers 80th but unfortunately he is not so healthy with lung cancer and only a coupe of months left.He battled through his party but was overwhelmed by the surprise guests that arrived so all in all he was happy.I was happy too that he made it to 80 as I think it was something that was a goal for him :thumbsup:
Belated happy birthday to your dad as well :thumbsup: and now you have to tell him to set a goal for 90 and then for 100. Sure sorry he is ill and I hope the happiness he felt seeing you all will reverse his condition and he will improve with each coming week. Many doctors seem to feel that a positive attitude helps the body heal itself, hope they are correct and that he now sets his goals for 90.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Belated happy birthday to your dad and great to hear about you dad enjoying life and heading for 100 and on from there, gives many of us hope to do the same and lets hope for many, many more years. :thumbsup:
Belated happy birthday to your dad as well :thumbsup: and now you have to tell him to set a goal for 90 and then for 100. Sure sorry he is ill and I hope the happiness he felt seeing you all will reverse his condition and he will improve with each coming week. Many doctors seem to feel that a positive attitude helps the body heal itself, hope they are correct and that he now sets his goals for 90.
If only it was that easy,but with his condition there is no where else to go but down hill. His cancer doctor told my family that he is at the last 2 to 3 month stage,they did not tell him as I guess there is no point.Anyway life style in our younger years sure does make a difference to whether we make it to old age or not