Planning For The Inevitable

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Since many of us are older than our ladies and since I have found that Filipinos do not like to talk about or even think about the possibility of death of a loved one, I wonder if members have made any plans for their wife or gf's future once you are gone?I have heard many horror stories on the Internet and on different forums about wives, gf's or their families having their expat men killed because of infidelity, or because they were worth more dead than alive, and just possibly that occasional lady or her family was short sighted and was living for the moment and not for the future, as it seems many people in the Philippines seem to do. Now I am not saying that this is common, but I am wondering if any forum members have given some thought to this and planned for their families future and at the same time added this thought into their plans and how did they set it up?Of course one way is to always make sure that we are worth more alive than dead, at least until our relationship is proven to be one of real love. Another way might be to have a large annuity type policy or trust set up that will make monthly payment to your wife after you are gone, but to possibly not tell her about it so that neither she nor her family know about it, and leave it with a trusted friend or lawyer. Just wondering, I of course do not have to worry about this because my wife had the chance to let me die and saved my life, but even before that, I knew 100% that she loved me as much as I love her and I have always planned for her future and made her aware of all plans.

Edited by Mr. Lee

Bruce
Posted
Posted

What was she THINKING! She did certainly miss an opportunity there. Oh well, water under the bridge. Like I have said before, whatever you pay her, it ain't no where near enough!But as for my demise, I have purchased life insurance. I can be cremated with a clear (dead) mind. Let them take care of themselves with the money. As for those older guys with childred by the 1st three wives, I would suggest a strongprenup if you want to marry a Pinay. Then buy 50-100K in life insurance for her. Treat it like a business deal. You kids get what they are expecting, the Pinay has no claim on the house or other assets you want to leave to your kids, she get a lump sum pay out.No, for those of you who know Lee, he micro manages everything. Just because he plans out everything for his widow and her next victim, er, ah, I mean husband, does not mean you have to. Yes, her family may steal it all from her, yes she may have you killed for the life insurance, yes she may end up broke in a couple of years. But it is no longer your problem. You are dead, remember? A widow is like a kid.... there comes time where you have to let them go and make decisions for themselves. Good decisions and bad decisions (Lee, has Nila had any second thoughts about saving you?) The prenup and life insurance concept is a solid plan that both protects your family and allows your Pinay widow to live well for a long time (pays her back for all the crap you put her thru...) So get it done.You hereby have permission to die. Oh Lee, none of this applies to you. Leave everything to Nila and leave Nila to me! Why hell, I will even name the VD clinic after you! Everytime someone passes thru the door of the LEE MEMORIAL VD CLINIC, you will be remembered. What a legacy.......

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Bruce, you are just too weird, even for my weird mind. :540: You can name the Philippine vasectomy clinic after me and give free vasectomies. SugarwareZ-005.gif That would make me happy knowing that you are doing what you would hate the most to do. :551: :551: In all seriousness, people need to plan ahead and they really need to plan if their wives will be living in the Philippines with her family close by and there really can be no place within the Philippines that would be far enough away from her family if the family were to think that there was lots of money available. :540: So, how can that be accomplished with a monthly, weekly or biweekly income for her and quite possibly the members children? I know there are annuities, and insurance policies, but any policy that pays off in one lump sum would often be gone within a short period of time, and if her family does not get it, some blood sucking male will come along and try to get his hands on her money, so anyone have any better ideas????

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Bruce, you are just too weird, even for my weird mind. :540: You can name the Philippine vasectomy clinic after me and give free vasectomies. SugarwareZ-005.gif That would make me happy knowing that you are doing what you would hate the most to do. :551: :551: In all seriousness, people need to plan ahead and they really need to plan if their wives will be living in the Philippines with her family close by and there really can be no place within the Philippines that would be far enough away from her family if the family were to think that there was lots of money available. :540: So, how can that be accomplished with a monthly, weekly or biweekly income for her and quite possibly the members children? I know there are annuities, and insurance policies, but any policy that pays off in one lump sum would often be gone within a short period of time, and if her family does not get it, some blood sucking male will come along and try to get his hands on her money, so anyone have any better ideas????
"Too Weird" ..... ME! Lee, how could you be so cruel. Especially at a time like this. You know Michael Jackson has just died. I am so distraught I just don't know what to do. And then to top it off, you call me weird!I think I am just going to take a valium, grab that bottle of Creame de Menthe go to bed.....

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK, just to bump this back up to try to get some serious answers.

Since many of us are older than our ladies and since I have found that Filipinos do not like to talk about or even think about the possibility of death of a loved one, I wonder if members have made any plans for their wife or gf's future once you are gone? and how did you set it up, if you do not mind sharing?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
"Too Weird" ..... ME! Lee, how could you be so cruel. Especially at a time like this. You know Michael Jackson has just died. I am so distraught I just don't know what to do. And then to top it off, you call me weird!I think I am just going to take a valium, grab that bottle of Creame de Menthe go to bed.....
Michael WHO?? are you sure it was just not his nose falling off or something SugarwareZ-035.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Since many of us are older than our ladies and since I have found that Filipinos do not like to talk about or even think about the possibility of death of a loved one, I wonder if members have made any plans for their wife or gf's future once you are gone?I have heard many horror stories on the Internet and on different forums about wives, gf's or their families having their expat men killed because of infidelity, or because they were worth more dead than alive, and just possibly that occasional lady or her family was short sighted and was living for the moment and not for the future, as it seems many people in the Philippines seem to do. Now I am not saying that this is common, but I am wondering if any forum members have given some thought to this and planned for their families future and at the same time added this thought into their plans and how did they set it up?Of course one way is to always make sure that we are worth more alive than dead, at least until our relationship is proven to be one of real love. Another way might be to have a large annuity type policy or trust set up that will make monthly payment to your wife after you are gone, but to possibly not tell her about it so that neither she nor her family know about it, and leave it with a trusted friend or lawyer. Just wondering, I of course do not have to worry about this because my wife had the chance to let me die and saved my life, but even before that, I knew 100% that she loved me as much as I love her and I have always planned for her future and made her aware of all plans.
I think it does not matter what means you have to provide for her after death,once you are dead it becomes her decision on how to use the estate you have left for her. I don't think its correct to leave her an monthly allowance,she is an adult so she knows what she must do to survive without you.As for your wife saving you,all I can say is every one makes mistakes at times. :540: Sorry had to add that. :540:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think it does not matter what means you have to provide for her after death,once you are dead it becomes her decision on how to use the estate you have left for her. I don't think its correct to leave her an monthly allowance,she is an adult so she knows what she must do to survive without you.
Tom, sorry but from my own personal experiences, I think you may be wrong. Has anyone set up something like monthly payments that would like to share with us how they did it or how they plan to do it? I realize that some of you may agree with Tom and think that it would be OK to just leave them on their own and let them worry about it, I think a monthly stream as well as some lump sum would be a better way to insure that at least some of the money would not be used up by the family or by some blood sucking man who decides to latch on to a former Kana's wife and go for a free ride. I feel that we should all think about this because it might become a reality some day and our wives or gf's may become targets of unscrupulous people because they had been with us. After all, we are all millionaires in most average Filipinos eyes, even Tom, and therefore having been married to us or our gf's and living with us, they too will probably be seen as millionaires, like it or not many people think that way. BTW, a sign that they all think we are millionaires is, that a lot of people who are married to us and live within the Philippines, often have their houses burglarized, I know of at least 3 that this has happened to and also numerous Kanos who live in the Philippines and leave their houses alone. Anyone else want to add to the 3 that I already know of?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I think it does not matter what means you have to provide for her after death,once you are dead it becomes her decision on how to use the estate you have left for her. I don't think its correct to leave her an monthly allowance,she is an adult so she knows what she must do to survive without you.
Tom, sorry but from my own personal experiences, I think you may be wrong. Has anyone set up something like monthly payments that would like to share with us how they did it or how they plan to do it? I realize that some of you may agree with Tom and think that it would be OK to just leave them on their own and let them worry about it, I think a monthly stream as well as some lump sum would be a better way to insure that at least some of the money would not be used up by the family or by some blood sucking man who decides to latch on to a former Kana's wife and go for a free ride. I feel that we should all think about this because it might become a reality some day and our wives or gf's may become targets of unscrupulous people because they had been with us. After all, we are all millionaires in most average Filipinos eyes, even Tom, and therefore having been married to us or our gf's and living with us, they too will probably be seen as millionaires, like it or not many people think that way. BTW, a sign that they all think we are millionaires is, that a lot of people who are married to us and live within the Philippines, often have their houses burglarized, I know of at least 3 that this has happened to and also numerous Kanos who live in the Philippines and leave their houses alone. Anyone else want to add to the 3 that I already know of?
If you think that your wife can not handle life and money matters then perhaps you should let her now while you are alive.If your wife or partners family are after your assets then they will be while you are alive.What is the point of worrying about what might happen one day,I might be wrong but once you are dead it wont make much difference to you even if the world explodes into a million pieces. Of course the Filipinos think we are rich,this has been stated many times before,but do we think our partners are stupid and cant fend for themselves? they survived for a long time with out us.As for house burglaries, I bet that anyone Western or Filipino living in a gated subdivision or similar are targeted more than others, same all over the world. :540: Oh, and the "even Tom" bit makes me laugh,anyone lend me a dollar?????????? :540: lol

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
If you think that your wife can not handle life and money matters then perhaps you should let her now while you are alive.If your wife or partners family are after your assets then they will be while you are alive.What is the point of worrying about what might happen one day,I might be wrong but once you are dead it wont make much difference to you even if the world explodes into a million pieces. Of course the Filipinos think we are rich,this has been stated many times before,but do we think our partners are stupid and cant fend for themselves? they survived for a long time with out us.As for house burglaries, I bet that anyone Western or Filipino living in a gated subdivision or similar are targeted more than others, same all over the world. :540: Oh, and the "even Tom" bit makes me laugh,anyone lend me a dollar?????????? :540: lol
I thought you would get a kick out of that. SugarwareZ-007.gif