Dating Sites - Round 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It's sad to hear that all the virtuous, honest Filipino women who populate dating sites are being taken advantage of by avaricious, unscrupulous foreigners.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted

My niece has went on a few sites but gave up as most men wanted to see her naked.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

My niece has went on a few sites but gave up as most men wanted to see her naked.

Somehow I get the feeling that you are saying it's a bad thing! I would not ask a woman to get naked on a webcam but I wouldn't be above looking if they did. :tiphat:

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was using the dating site mentioned above where it was /is a pain in the rear to cancel. I wound up cancelling my card to get rid of them, inconvenient but final. I did have luck though, someone I met on the site made an introduction to someone else who was not on the site who is a thoroughly charming woman and I am residing with her and her sisters family at the moment. It's early days yet and no telling what the future holds but you can find some sincere people even from a scam site. It can also be a good source of information about areas to live that you are interested in.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did not meet my wife on DIA but I met a girl who became just a friend.  Later she introduced me to Melane.  So I still had great luck with DIA, just not directly.  

When I was just vacationing... it was an awesome site to set up... shall we say.... short visits...   :tiphat:

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

With respect to dating sites and which one to choose as the better site, well..if that one particular lady you are looking for happens to choose a site that you are in and you both connect, well, that's the site that's supposedly the best-so to me it's far too abstract to say which is better and which is not.

Also it's common place that the only way many working men in Western countries can meet and develop a relationship with a Filipina (yes, I know that applies to other countries too) whereas he has the 9-5 job,2-3-4 weeks vacation, no close connection with anyone from the Philippines-you know, the average working Joe-is to utilize the dating sites as the only real means to find his partner.

There is a popular You Tuber that shares his experiences living in the Philippines who preaches up and down that the ONLY true way to meet a Filipina is to spend 6 months to a year with her face to face before even considering marriage-you know, the 'ol boots on the ground" approach. This guy just sold everything he had in his early 50's and just up and moved there.That's just not possible or practical for most working men. Ironic that this You Tuber has been living in the Philippines for over 2 years and still has not landed the "one" he's seriously searching for. Three other You Tubers I follow in similar circumstances (living and sharing their lives in the Philippines) all met on line and are in solid relationships. That's my take on this and I am glad I took the chance when meeting my lady online. Simple common sense can sometimes be your best friend. Good luck to you, Brett.

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

PM me for their real names, links to other sites are not allowed here

Lets clear this up, the rules say

Adding links to your post is allowed if the link is for information regarding the Philippines and/or relates to the topic. The exception is links to dating sites, sex sites, blogs and other forums 

The key word here is links but it does not say you can not mention the name of a dating site. Certain forums will never be allowed by name or link due to some or one in particular run by an undesirable shifty creep but you can mention names of dating sites and members can find them easily themselves.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Never tried to free ones to be honest so can't really say.  

Hi Brett, when I first came here I used DIA, just change your location to local and watch you in box light up, you can date non stop if you want, lot's are scammers, some GRO'S, but occasionally you will meet a good honest girl, make sure you get plenty of load for your mobile, you will need it. :dance: party party time

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

With respect to dating sites and which one to choose as the better site, well..if that one particular lady you are looking for happens to choose a site that you are in and you both connect, well, that's the site that's supposedly the best-so to me it's far too abstract to say which is better and which is not.

There is a popular You Tuber that shares his experiences living in the Philippines who preaches up and down that the ONLY true way to meet a Filipina is to spend 6 months to a year with her face to face before even considering marriage-you know, the 'ol boots on the ground" approach. This guy just sold everything he had in his early 50's and just up and moved there.That's just not possible or practical for most working men. Ironic that this You Tuber has been living in the Philippines for over 2 years and still has not landed the "one"

I think you will find the reason he preaches this, is that he did meet the one, but she broke his heart, I met him on Bohol last year, really nice guy.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just found this topic and although I am no longer on any, as I have been with my Filipino gf for 3 years I think

I am qualified to comment.

I was on DIA for some time and got fleeced by one woman, but my stupid fault.

So I sat down and really thought what I was looking for in a woman. I wanted her to be educated to Uni level,

no children orgrown therefore, mid 40s and honest, loyal bla bla bla.

It took me several months, then I met my gf who was a Filipino working in Thailand to put her children through

Uni. We met and started a casual relationship for more than a year and now are together

I could not be happier and it was worth the effort.

So I wonder, is it in fact the site that matters or are we not looking for the right type of woman.?

I may have been lucky, maybe not, but as they say its funny how the harder you work, the luckier you get and in

a different sense this is applicable in this instance.

• Like 3