She Is Alive!

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well here we are a month or so later and the little stunted girl is doing much better. After 3 different antibiotics and multiple breathing treatments she is once again walking, talking and playing outside.  

As you can see by her arms in the photo, she is still grossly underweight and maybe 10"-12" shorter than she should be at 4 years and 3 months of age.

Pam from the charity still (!) has to go up the hill everyday to deliver food and watch her eat. Why? Because the lazy mother wants to be paid to bring her daughter to the charity building to eat. If food is left with the mother for tomorrow, it is eaten by the rest of the family and then nothing tomorrow but rice scraps for the little girl.  

The DSWD people have no interest, as the little girl is now 'healthy' and they have no control over the mother they claim.

So, until the NEXT health crisis she has, it appears she will do OK as long as Pam travels up the hill with food. Perhaps in time the girl will be able to walk down the hill to eat by herself.

I had shipped a box over by LBC and it took 4 months from Florida to Samar instead of the usual 7-8 weeks. It arrived 2 days ago and in the box I had shipped a used printer, wrapped in a commercial shipping blanket, similar to what professional movers use or that you see hung in an elevator to protect the walls while construction is underway.

Pam gave that heavy blanket to the girl to sleep on and wrap up when chilly (below 75f degrees / 24 c) the locals think they are in the middle of a terrible winter and wear all their available clothing to keep warm!) Instructions were given to the mother to not SELL the blanket.

So, I expect Pam to be told it was 'stolen' the next time the mother needs gambling money or tuba.....   

post-404-0-78888600-1415287562_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

She sure looks better. Even with the thin arms she looks better than ever. Keep up the good work Bruce and Pam  :thumbsup: