When Is It Time?

palu
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys for all of the good advice. I have things to think over......and no Dave, her name is not Jinky or even Stinky

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I know it's been said a thousand times before in various threads, but seriously, don't make a commitment before there's "boots on the ground".  Meet her face to face and talk about the expectations with regards to family and the rest of it.  So many women in PH are supporting their families and if you expect her to give up whatever she's doing for them and forget about that, you will clash.  It's an admirable trait to some extent, but also a very double edged sword.  Palu don't be a sucker, you are now a "Western Union" boyfriend.  Jack's been in PH a long time now with his wife, it's taken him years to make her realise that her family were taking them for a ride; I cite his family wedding post as a perfect example of this (Jack, you know the post, you can link it if you like). 

Would you throw money at a random person that offers a great investment that seems too good to be true?  Think about it with your big head rather than your little one.  

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the past I had always stated on my profile that the first dollar that changes hands comes after love's first kiss face to face.

Are you suggesting a kissing booth at a dollar a smooch  :-kiss:

Everyone's suggestion not to do business in the Philippines, Tom...but this booth seems to be a good source of income if the Filipina is the one paying... but back to topic for me...

Some folks still on the hamster wheel don't have luxury of the boots on the ground, face to face for 6+ months,etc way to get to meet and possibly have a lifelong relationship with a seemingly loving woman from the Philippines. Some don't have alternate contacts they can meet through a mutual friend or aquaintance. Some have (maybe) 2 weeks or so off from work-yet they would love to form a relationship with one of these women as they/we seek out a life many of you already have come to realize. Logistics can play a key role in how one can go about plotting his course and the Internet may be the only resource. This is my argument that boots on the ground is mainly for those of retirement age or the very, very few we know that sold all to take a stab at this new life. Many sure wish they had the option of being in the Philippines for 3-6-9 months to choose someone this way. Going half way around the world with all it's time and expense and making cold calls in a cafe or hanging out at a wet market or mall for whoever may or may not be receptive to an ice breaking conversation is too intimidating unless there's something real solid to the trip in case disappointment meeting this girl or several even falls apart.

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

In the past I had always stated on my profile that the first dollar that changes hands comes after love's first kiss face to face.

Are you suggesting a kissing booth at a dollar a smooch  :-kiss:

Everyone's suggestion not to do business in the Philippines, Tom...but this booth seems to be a good source of income if the Filipina is the one paying... but back to topic for me...

Some folks still on the hamster wheel don't have luxury of the boots on the ground, face to face for 6+ months,etc way to get to meet and possibly have a lifelong relationship with a seemingly loving woman from the Philippines. Some don't have alternate contacts they can meet through a mutual friend or aquaintance. Some have (maybe) 2 weeks or so off from work-yet they would love to form a relationship with one of these women as they/we seek out a life many of you already have come to realize. Logistics can play a key role in how one can go about plotting his course and the Internet may be the only resource. This is my argument that boots on the ground is mainly for those of retirement age or the very, very few we know that sold all to take a stab at this new life. Many sure wish they had the option of being in the Philippines for 3-6-9 months to choose someone this way. Going half way around the world with all it's time and expense and making cold calls in a cafe or hanging out at a wet market or mall for whoever may or may not be receptive to an ice breaking conversation is too intimidating unless there's something real solid to the trip in case disappointment meeting this girl or several even falls apart.

Excellent post Steve and so very true. That's why I think come here, get online meet as many as you can in the time here, but meet them face to face, makes so much difference. A picture is worth a thousand words.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My gawd, man, i have been here a week and a half... And I've been approached out of the blue by over a dozen women along with quite a few staff when out shopping! All it takes is a smile! So, unless you're 100% sure of this girl?

Yes, I'm taken and being a good boy!

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

My gawd, man, i have been here a week and a half... And I've been approached out of the blue by over a dozen women along with quite a few staff when out shopping! All it takes is a smile! So, unless you're 100% sure of this girl?

Bob......You live! Glad you made it.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Your a lucky woman Bob  :)

• Like 1

Bastos
Posted
Posted

P.T. Barnum said it best

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
P.T. Barnum said it best

Apparently, that's debatable but for this it is very apt.

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

How much money are sending her? If you have extra money send me some and I will chat with you, and I will even buy you a beer and let you chat with others. Hahaha, sounds silly when a male says it,.

• Like 1