Thailand 'one Of The Most Dangerous Tourist Destinations On Earth

i am bob
Posted
Posted

How many tourists were murdered in the US last year? England? Canada? Does it really matter where you are? It's gonna happen!

How many tourists were murdered in the US last year? England? Canada? Does it really matter where you are? It's gonna happen!

brock
Posted
Posted

A hell of a lot less than the Philippines Bob, And in our system we actually care about finding the culprits.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

In Sweden there are zero most years,

but two (=a young couple) were murdered a few years ago.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

In Sweden there are zero most years,

but two (=a young couple) were murdered a few years ago.

Hmmmmmm now you got me thinking.......but maybe not, can't stand cold winter's

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Boss

Edited by Kuya John

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sounds like this guy has an axe to grind, or is pissed off about something, would be interesting to see when he applies for a visa extension how that pans out for him. Having visited Thailand on many occasions, I have nothing but good memories, also having a brother that lived there and ran his business for 8 years, I can never remember him having too many problems, only that his staff weren't too punctual, had bad work ethics and that pilfering was a problem, the one thing he had going for him he spoke fluent Thai but never let on, so he could always understand what was said.  I took my 2 young daughters there for a holiday and I we went every where, again never a problem. The author sounds like one of those guys lost in some dingy bar in Patpong, that can't find his way out. Better to beat up a country than look at his own shortcomings. Maybe the Thai's have had enough of rude and disrespectful foreigners invading there lovely country and I can say I don't really blame them.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In Sweden there are zero most years, but two (=a young couple) were murdered a few years ago.

I recall James Michener's "The Drifter" mention that the Swedes commit suicide while Scilians practice revenge killing or Omerta. His data was the numbers of deaths were about the same as a percentage of the population.

brock
Posted
Posted

Interesting

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

In Sweden there are zero most years, but two (=a young couple) were murdered a few years ago.

I recall James Michener's "The Drifter" mention that the Swedes commit suicide while Scilians practice revenge killing or Omerta. His data was the numbers of deaths were about the same as a percentage of the population.

Well. Sweden has a long period of darkness each year, which can be depressing.  (In north of Sweden the sun don't go up AT ALL a period in mid winter.)   Italians can't blame that...    :)

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Big difference between subjective and objective danger. To the uninitiated a British pub street can feel incredibly dangerous in the wee hours, and Thailand incredibly safe. But if you want to get into a fight with a local in either place your better best is to do so in the UK.

I've seen my fair share of horrendous violence in Thailand, as has probably everyone who lived there for a while.

• Like 1