Part 2 - Can I Live On $2,000 A Month In The Philippines?

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Jack single tournament wins of over $3,000 are required to be reported. the events i am playing in do not pay $3,000 for a win, hence they are not required to be reported. The rule changed a few years back when a win of over 300 to 1 over the cost of fees for the event was the tax accountability threshold. If you are what is considered a black tag or professional player you are required to report your live game winnings , but non professionals carry no responsibility of reporting winnings from live play.

I will not be having over $10,000 in an overseas account at any time. If i need money i can transfer from my retirement accounts to my bank over the internet and have it posted in 24 hours.   Later Poker Mike

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Someone reiterated a fact a while back on this thread... If you live on $xxx in your home country, you can live better in the Philippines on that same amount. I'm becoming a fan of taking the amount out of the thread titles.

:D

• Like 4

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

this question is all about each persons comfort level and what your willing to sacrifice.

Iv'e lived there for $700 a month that's with my wife and daughter but the comfort level was low (no eating out & no taxi's)

Than again I can spend $2000 in a week and be no more content.

What are you willing to sacrifice to live in the Philippine's???

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

this question is all about each persons comfort level and what your willing to sacrifice.

Iv'e lived there for $700 a month that's with my wife and daughter but the comfort level was low (no eating out & no taxi's)

Than again I can spend $2000 in a week and be no more content.

Frustration and debt!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Guys

Please make use of the forum categories.

Moved house for rent to here, http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/21380-house-4-rent/#entry141378

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Personally I can't see what there is to sacrifice, given all we say about our own Countries sometimes.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Someone reiterated a fact a while back on this thread... If you live on $xxx in your home country, you can live better in the Philippines on that same amount. I'm becoming a fan of taking the amount out of the thread titles.

:D

I would love to live on this $xxxxxx , but i may only have this $xxxxx  so if i added this $xxxx and $xxxx i think it should add upto this$xxxxxxxxxxxxx, so i can be happy now i have all this $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, What do you think

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
but i may only have this $xxxxx 

That $uxxx

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I would love to live on this $xxxxxx , but i may only have this $xxxxx  so if i added this $xxxx and $xxxx i think it should add upto this$xxxxxxxxxxxxx, so i can be happy now i have all this $xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, What do you think

That $uxxx

Errrrrrrrr Excuse me you 2 have you paid the Funny stuff entrance fee into JGF's rent Fund :rolleyes:

Just asking. :mocking:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
this question is all about each persons comfort level and what your willing to sacrifice. Iv'e lived there for $700 a month that's with my wife and daughter but the comfort level was low (no eating out & no taxi's)
:thumbsup:  
Why would we need to sacrifice anything?

(But I will probably need to sacrifice good Internet, because probably there will be no good mobile Internet available where I want to settle RURAL. I can even need to adjust where to settle to get ANY Internet (except satelite, which is very expensive.)