Part 2 - Can I Live On $2,000 A Month In The Philippines?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

But what if your in a situation where you need more money to live on the edge?  The bar life can be expensive there!  

Well my guess is you either have it sitting in the bank or get a loan. Eventually the bar life will get very old and you can start wondering if it was worth it or not  :)

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Thanks ill do that. I enjoy reading all this information. Its been very helpful, especially information about what to bring with you. Appreciate your time friend!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
We spend a year more or less discussing can we live on $1000 a month So I guess now we can discuss" Can we live on $2.000 a month" for a year more or less I will Look forward to next year when we will all get another pay Rise

How about we split the topics into six month intervals so that we can keep up with inflation.  :photo-109:

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thanks ill do that. I enjoy reading all this information. Its been very helpful, especially information about what to bring with you. Appreciate your time friend!

Just a hint which gives better results when looking for info, use the Google site search option as seen in pic  :cheersty:

post-1-0-94961300-1418714191_thumb.jpg

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So when they return tonight I will take them zip lining in the nude at night, that should show them.

just take care as some bits might be sagging low these day, might drag on the ground  :9436:

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

So when they return tonight I will take them zip lining in the nude at night, that should show them.

just take care as some bits might be sagging low these day, might drag on the ground  :9436:

Tom, you obviously haven't seen the gorgeous nurses at Mactan Doctors Hospital :999:

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

I have been living on about that in the Subic Freeport. This does not count my lease that I have (paid up front) which averages out to $200/mo. I haven't been frugal and it doesn't take much more tightening of the belt for me to get the budget about $2-300 cheaper (less dining out and going places).

I would count on at least 5% inflation annually for any long term plans. 

I agree with you Pokermike. If you act old you get old. I have seen some fellows that look like they are in their 80s and only are 60 and vice versa. The difference is the lifestyles. If they are out and about they stay mobile longer and healthier. 

I have been fortunate as when I first moved here I was working and able to fund all of the types of trips that Pokermike is dreaming of doing. I still have a couple of places left on my bucket list (Baguio and Bohol) and will be checking off Baguio this week. 

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Just beat me to the punch! 

• Like 1