Part 2 - Can I Live On $2,000 A Month In The Philippines?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The reason being is that Banawa is a suburb of Cebu city.

Yes, I thought that also but my daughter Directed me to this 

http://www.maplandia.com/philippines/region-12/north-cotabato/banawa/

Well I thought the question was about Cebu but looking back it could have been anywhere. Bit like Talisay, must be a hundred of them. 

post-1-0-87445200-1419556657_thumb.jpg post-1-0-34880600-1419556732_thumb.jpg

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

7,000 peso or 70,000 a month?

• Like 2

pokermike
Posted
Posted

i ma married and dont give my wife much , but cant live on 7000 pesos a month.  Poker Mike

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Interesting article I just read for a bit of perspective, remembering of course this is statistical data and can be a bit skewed but based on my filipino friends it's probably not too far off the mark:

An average Filipino family that has five members needs a monthly income of Php7,600 ($180.95) to breach poverty line, according to National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB). It means that a family of five needs to have at least Php250.00 ($5.95) per day or a yearly income of Php91,289 ($2,173.54) to keep out of poverty. In 2012, Filipino families had an annual income of 235 thousand pesos, on average. Families in the richest decile, earned an annual income of 715 thousand pesos in 2012 or 60 thousand pesos monthly, on average. On the other hand, the families in the poorest decile, earned an average annual income of 69 thousand pesos or about 6 thousand pesos monthly. In terms of the pattern of spending among Filipino families, the expenditure on food accounted for 42.8 percent of the total family expenditure. The expenditure on housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels was the second largest percentage at 20.7 percent. (Results from the 2012 Family Income and Expenditure Survey taken by Philippine National Statistics Office)

Just some food for thought.  Different expectations culturally I guess.  

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

7,000 peso or 70,000 a month?

Thanks, I misspoke.  The guy could not live on 7,000 American Dollars a month.  Used to a high life and was paying too much.  His electric bill was 20,000+ pesos a month, for example as he could - not - live without all the aircons on all the time.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

7K, wow! Goes to show some are content to squeak by on less than a thousand USD others would need ten thousand or more.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You just have to shop around a bit and you can cut that $2000 in half!

WHICH! is exactly what we were saying in the Thread before. :unsure: maybe now Bob, you have seen it and can see where many of us were coming from, many more may just believe the Imput into that topic. 

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You just have to shop around a bit and you can cut that $2000 in half!

WHICH! is exactly what we were saying in the Thread before. :unsure: maybe now Bob, you have seen it and can see where many of us were coming from, many more may just believe the Imput into that topic.

Thank you sir! I was doing the forum on my phone earlier and it missed a couple pages on this thread... I blame the operator... hehe! Still, i agree that there is a big difference between "i can't live on" and "i want to spend"!

• Like 4