My Cebu Bachelor Pad

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help everyone, guess i need more boots on the ground. This time i dont have to come back. if i find anything interseting i will be sure to post as part of my bachelor pad. Bows00 if you find something pass it on ok. I pray you find a good pad for $1,000 when i was there in September all my friends were saying prices are going up as high as 20% per year. thats brutal.  

Robert k thanks for the info on the Danao area i will check it out.                     Poker Mike

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

So would it be better if I budgeted at least $1000/month to get a decent pad?

Mike, Bows, have a look at this site, you both might be surprised.

http://www.lamudi.com.ph/central-visayas/cebu/rent/

JP :tiphat:

Hi jack ...........  how about short holiday let .........  any suggestions?!  

TA!

Ashanti

pokermike
Posted
Posted

Wow thanks Jollygoodfellow,  great price. i see it does not have a pool , is there such a thing as a public pool around? I forgot how far that is from a beach, if i remeber  correctly about 45 minutes.  Regarless i am going to check it out thans!

MikeB
Posted
Posted
i see it does not have a pool , is there such a thing as a public pool around

If there was I doubt you would want to use it. The Montebello Villa Hotel nearby has a huge pool that non-guests can use for a fee. At least that used to be the policy. You're a long way and a lot of traffic from any beach.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Wow thanks Jollygoodfellow,  great price. i see it does not have a pool , is there such a thing as a public pool around? I forgot how far that is from a beach, if i remeber  correctly about 45 minutes.  Regarless i am going to check it out thans!

My reply was to Bows as it was his topic looking for cheaper accommodation 

i see it does not have a pool , is there such a thing as a public pool around

If there was I doubt you would want to use it. The Montebello Villa Hotel nearby has a huge pool that non-guests can use for a fee. At least that used to be the policy. You're a long way and a lot of traffic from any beach.

There is also The Sandtrap which is now called Banilad Sports Club Inc with pools for a fee I believe. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Banilad-Sports-Club-Inc/166757946866838

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I would suggest you do what I did - find a long-stay hotel, book a month and then hit the streets to find the residence of your choice. Keeping within the $500 budget, I stayed at the Fely Ann Residence at the Express Inn in Cebu. It's not a great place but not too bad for a month... Ac, heated shower, kitchenette, tv and free Wi-Fi. Just don't get the rooms around the corner or you won't have much Wi-Fi through the cement... Hehe! Restaurant and pharmacy/convenience out front. Major point for jeepneys out front and less than 5 minutes walk from SM City... 20 minutes walk to Ayala... 1 month was about $440 USD through Agoda and covers your utilities - you can get cheaper rates at the front desk (P1300 to start) but you also get billed for water and power usage on top.

The pharmacy was where we watched the last Pacman fight on my laptop - used the Wi-Fi from the restaurant next door... Hehe!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

1 month was about $440 USD through Agoda

If you book anymore hotels, do it through my site;  http://cebuhotelsearch.com/    or links on this site so I get a commission and help cover the costs of running this forum. All hotel bookings are handled by Agoda.

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

my site; http://cebuhotelsearch.com/ or links on this site

This screen shot shows that this did not work. Anomoly?

post-41-0-40901600-1419391338_thumb.gif

MikeB
Posted
Posted