Dodging Christmas Gift Giving

MikeB
Posted
Posted
My shut off is just inside the gate but an average sized teenager could reach around and shut it off.

Same here. It has to be there so Cebeco can read the meter w/o having to gain access to the premises. I put a cheap padlock on the box that covers the switch but they can still read the meter part.

We noticed a big increase in the bill about 6 months ago - right after they replaced the meter. When we questioned it they said the meter had been broken for a few months before they replaced it so they were just using the last good reading from 3 or 4 months previous to bill us, same amount every month. True story. 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I had to disconnect my doorbell years ago as the brat kids would ring it and then run away. It is better this way, if you know what I mean.

Last week, they shut our water off at the meter. 5 hours later, I figured it out.

Perhaps it come from the American "Trick or Treat" tradition   :)

But such pranks are annoying  :bash:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Isn't it amazing that they put the main water shutoff for the house outside the premises on the street

Mike, surely a Good Plumber with a piece of new Pipe and a new valve can put it on the Inside of the property?  :thumbsup:

Just saying

The meter and the shut off valve belongs to the Baciwa.  We asked if it could be inside but they said no. In my case, the inlet comes up from cement and the outlet goes into cement outside the wall. Not easy to bring inside the wall. 

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

1 more day to go.

• Like 1