Favorite Filipino Food?

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

What is the name of the orange coloured sticky rice with bits in it that I have just eaten? I could eat it all day!

Orange color sticky rice with bits, of course!

Oops! I think that one is gonna cost me a cold one some day...

;D

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

First rule Filipino food, don't ask about the "wee bits".............. But I'm sure its fine. :hystery:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What is the name of the orange coloured sticky rice with bits in it that I have just eaten? I could eat it all day!

Google pics of Java Rice and tell us if its one of those.  There are many different variations of it but my gf says its a common choice at Chow King and other places but here it is considered a 'Chinese food'

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I really like bicol express and eat it regularly.  Honestly, the local food is not great and to answer the query, most guy's favorite food is the one they ate shortly after romancing their sweetie for the first time.  I'm no different and I think it was a bag of chippy and a tanduay :)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
most guy's favorite food is the one they ate shortly after romancing their sweetie for the first time

If you are implying what I am inferring then I am totally 'down' with that.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm with that.

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

most guy's favorite food is the one they ate shortly after romancing their sweetie for the first time

If you are implying what I am inferring then I am totally 'down' with that.

haha...I wasn't implying that, but I'm on board too!  I just meant that the food here is not that great, but anything is delicious when you are falling in love...or lust.    :)

Edited by Larry45
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Tocino, garlic Fried Rice with a fried egg dumped on top!

Breakfast over here but I can eat it any time of day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Tocino, garlic Fried Rice with a fried egg dumped on top!

That's weekend breakfast here in Toronto too!

• Like 1

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

My lola's embutido, which she calls morcon, is something I could eat every day but is too labour intensive to make. Thankfully my mom is amazing and makes it for me every so often.

My mom's family frowns on me eating street food, so whenever we visit the Philippines, I sneak out to eat them. My dad was my accomplice :) Now I still crave avocado, cheese and corn, and ube ice cream as well as those fish ball things you dip into the sweet brown sauce.

I used to love lechon but then that movie "Babe" came out. Just as I was getting over that trauma (as a grown ass woman), of course that cute disabled pig Chris P. Bacob popped up on my FB feed :(

• Like 1