Favorite Filipino Food?

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

I really like bicol express and eat it regularly.  Honestly, the local food is not great and to answer the query, most guy's favorite food is the one they ate shortly after romancing their sweetie for the first time.  I'm no different and I think it was a bag of chippy and a tanduay :)

Love Bicol express also.

Tocino, garlic Fried Rice with a fried egg dumped on top!

Breakfast over here but I can eat it any time of day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nom Nom breakfast, try with Purefoods hotdogs as a variant, delish!!

Used to like Sisig until I was told couple years after initial tasting that the pork was actually Pigs ears............ which in UK we give to the dogs.

Generally most food i can palate apart from Curry Curry (spelling....)

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

This Topic makes me so Hungry, I was asking my Wife if she could maybe do a nice Lamb Roast, She said What! you eat Sheep!  :rolleyes:

But on a serious note do they really not eat Lamb at all? I have never seen it Advertised and it is just Mouth Watering just thinking about it 

JP :tiphat:  :tiphat:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

This Topic makes me so Hungry, I was asking my Wife if she could maybe do a nice Lamb Roast, She said What! you eat Sheep!  :rolleyes:

But on a serious note do they really not eat Lamb at all? I have never seen it Advertised and it is just Mouth Watering just thinking about it 

JP :tiphat:  :tiphat:

Yes they do offer it in some restaurants in Bacolod.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Interesting, have you ever tried it? They tell me (Germans) that Goat is a similar taste to Lamb, (Hmmmmmmmm I wonder)  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

jon1
Posted
Posted

I have seen it a couple of restaurants here (mostly where westerners are catered too). 

There was a really good restaurant in Eastwood City https://www.facebook.com/pages/OSonho-Eastwood-City/124639827677062OSonho restaurant that had lamb chops. We liked the food but apparently that has closed since we left in 2011.

UnCheckedOther
Posted
Posted

Jack, I've had lamb in Cebu before. Rack of lamb with rosemary mint sauce at some upscale restaurant. Amparito, I think it was called. That was more than a decade ago. I've also had lamb mixed with beef as shawerma at the mall. So delicious!

My mom absolutely hates goat because of the smell and avoids lamb because they are "cousins". (Goat and lamb, not mom and lamb :) )

• Like 2

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

They tell me (Germans) that Goat is a similar taste to Lamb.

Goat was the first meal I had upon arrival in the Philippines. The driver that picked me up told me I to try it. Didn't have it a second time while I was there, but It wasn't half bad. Something I wouldn't try in the States. LOL.

I wasn't quite adventurous enough when my neighbors cooked Fido one day, though. They told me, "Black dog is the best!"

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Interesting, have you ever tried it? They tell me (Germans) that Goat is a similar taste to Lamb, (Hmmmmmmmm I wonder)  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

I like goat more than lamb as it is less fatty. Lamb leaves an aftertaste. I have not tried the lamb here but have had a few goat curries and adobos. The curry here is too mild. Indians do a nice goat curry. There must be some Indian restos in Duma.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Now I still crave avocado, cheese and corn, and ube ice cream as well as those fish ball things you dip into the sweet brown sauce.

YES to all three! :1st:  Cheese and corn we have at some of the Mexican food trucks. Ube ice cream is easy to find at many Asian grocery stores and the fish ball things with sweet sauce we have a the Korean H Mart fresh made every Saturday. What the heck are those things anyway. Better yet best to not know I think. :89:  

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Speaking of goat...they make an excellent goat (kambing) caldereta in Batangas.  Isn't that where you're headed John?

You might like that goat dish better.

• Like 3