Tv Show Forevermore Is A Scrooge On Baguio's Christmas Week

earthdome
Posted
Posted

This week traffic on the main road out towards where I live in Baguio has been been like a parking lot at times and at best it is a close race whether I can walk it or ride a taxi or jeepney faster. Downtown on Session Rd in late afternoon and early evening it is almost impossible to flag down a taxi. And if you do, you still have the long taxi ride home due to the traffic jams. At SM the taxi queue's are very long in the afternoon and could take an hour wait.

Everyday this week we have had to walk back to our apartment because we couldn't flag down a taxi.

This is so much worse than last year at Christmas time. The local news finally had a story which explained the cause of the problem. The TV Show Forevermore was filming episodes in Baguio all week long. All the extra tourists were filipino's from the lowlands who are here stalking the tv stars.

I call Scrooge on the TV show Forevermore for causing these problems on what would otherwise be a beautiful Christmas in Baguio.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Could they not have taken a few days off filming or did they need the crowds I wonder?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
it is almost impossible to flag down a taxi

You have taxis in Baguio?  Wow.  All we got in Duma is the outrageous airport taxi that I never even see on the road and then there are the motorcycle tricycles.  Taxis would be nice, especially in the bad traffic.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

it is almost impossible to flag down a taxi

You have taxis in Baguio?  Wow.  All we got in Duma is the outrageous airport taxi that I never even see on the road and then there are the motorcycle tricycles.  Taxis would be nice, especially in the bad traffic.

8000 taxi's in Baguio and they always charge the meter rate.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
You have taxis in Baguio?  Wow.  All we got in Duma is the outrageous airport taxi

Why is it that some cities do not have taxis? With all the foreigners in Duma, there must be a demand for taxis.

• Like 1