Banking: Opening An Account Without An Acr Card?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For some of us Canadians, it's even easie... We can have our government cheques direct deposit to most Philippine banks if we so desire! Exchange rate is at the current Bank of America rate. The only real issue is we have to deposit all into one account.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
For some of us Canadians, it's even easie... We can have our government cheques direct deposit to most Philippine banks if we so desire! Exchange rate is at the current Bank of America rate. The only real issue is we have to deposit all into one account.

Useful info to keep in mind for when the time comes.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Useful info to keep in mind for when the time comes.

Even though it's available, in still using my Canadian bank and transferring as needed. Better insurance on deposits, money is safe from those who want loans (though I have never been asked), and it gives me a decent line of credit for either an "Escape Clause" or medical if required. Not to mention I'll still have a credit rating should I ever move back to Canada for a couple years... Just enough time to scare someone with the cold and snow! Oh.. Wait... That didn't work for my cousin... Hehe!

:D

• Like 1

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

According to the direct express even overseas some of the banks don't charge any fees, some kind of an agreement with Uncle Sam. you just have to find the right bank. I'll call Monday and get the low down. The web site doesn't list the banks.  I'm probably on a wild goose chase, because if it was any good someone no doubt would know about it. Credit and all that don't mean nothing to me at this time, I don't plan on ever going back to the US, except to visit, but even that is doubtful. If for some reason Philippines didn't work out I would go to South Korea. Anything to keep my kid away from the US schools. To much indoctrination, not enough education. South Korea is no more expensive than the US, and I think the food aspect is much cheaper. DoD schools are some of the best in the world, had two kids go through them and they excelled in academics and in life. I was not married to a foreign wife so infusion into a particular culture was not near as important as it is now, that's why I want the Philippines to be home. 

• 4 months later...
cityhall5628
Posted
Posted

I can't get anyone to let me deposit big pension fron the u s. All the managers even with or without pinoy side kick give me this list of docs needed- ACR of course and two pics of me, passport, drivers license Brgy clearance with house number and a complete form w-9 from our irs website. Man after all that and no I haven't got the ACR yet but sir it's coming after two months?

So being that said I have a trusted friend here so I xoom him 999 dollars and buy him lunch once he receives it. My wife is in Naval now so maybe when she arrives I will go in as her sidekick and get an account.

The one bank manager put his newspaper down long enough to tell me three times how he would automatically go to jail if he allowed me to have an account. I live on a intersection where there are countém three banks? Sad oh well maybe some day 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I live on a intersection where there are countém three banks?

Don't worry, there are three banks in Naval too  :hystery:

I suggest you use Metrobank there, if that is where you plan to live.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)
The one bank manager put his newspaper down long enough to tell me three times how he would automatically go to jail if he allowed me to have an account. I live on a intersection where there are countém three banks? Sad oh well maybe some day

Wow. Unreal. Well if that's true, then every single bank manager in Bacolod City and surrounding cities would be in jail now. It sounds like your local banker was an idiot and simply didn't want to do business with a foreigner. Sad but unfortunately they are out there. Feel free to check in other areas. Plenty of bankers who would welcome you with open arms.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The one bank manager put his newspaper down long enough to tell me three times how he would automatically go to jail if he allowed me to have an account.

Incredible, Try PNB;

http://www.pnb.com.ph/index.php/personal-banking/ebanking-services/personal-internet-banking

JP :tiphat:

gusincebu
Posted
Posted

I know its frustrating, but try to open a bank account in Australia, or, I imagine most other western countries, and unless you have the correct documentation , it just wont happen.

In Australia, there is a points system, with optional documents like, passport, drivers license, utilities bills in your name, proprty rates notice etc, contributing to the point scores. If you dont have them, you dont get a bank account. Its not always the bank manager, or staff at fault, it can be Bank policy, or even Banking Regulations that make these decisions.

Why is it that people just arrive in this country and think everything should open to them without regard laws and regulations ?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I know its frustrating, but try to open a bank account in Australia, or, I imagine most other western countries, and unless you have the correct documentation , it just wont happen.

In Australia, there is a points system, with optional documents like, passport, drivers license, utilities bills in your name, proprty rates notice etc, contributing to the point scores. If you dont have them, you dont get a bank account. Its not always the bank manager, or staff at fault, it can be Bank policy, or even Banking Regulations that make these decisions.

Why is it that people just arrive in this country and think everything should open to them without regard laws and regulations ?

Now when you mension it, I guess Swedish banks don't let anyone start a bank acount without having the "Person number" (or Registration number for companies), which follows us everywhere as a part of the identification. I suppouse it's same with insurances in Sweden.