How To Survive Naia During Papal Visit?

Pettersson
Posted
Posted

You wait either on board the aircraft or in the terminal until flight operations in Manila return to normal. Hopefully they remember to prepare sandwiches and drinks.

Couple of weeks ago my Cebu Pacific flight from Tacloban to NAIA was delayed by 3 hours due to equipment delay.  Cebu Pacific treated us a dinner of Jollibee chicken and a box drink.

• Like 1

Pettersson
Posted
Posted

Just found also PAL listing of cancelled flights.  They are canceling a total of 71 flights between 15th and 19th including several international ones, but my flight from LAX is not in the cancelled list.  :dance:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

WOW after seeing the chaos caused by the Black Nazarene the past few days I sure pity ANYONE visiting or living in Manila during the pope's visit ..... it will be complete bedlam .... JMHO ....

Pettersson I sure hope you can sort it out .... good luck man .... :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:  

• Like 2

Pettersson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just an update how things went: my arriving PAL flight was only 8 minutes late at 8 PM, just one hour past the airport closure. The terminal seemed less crowded than usually. The streets between the airport and northern Cavite had relatively light traffic so our drive only took 45 minutes vs the typical hour or more that time of the day. So far so good and no "papal trouble" whatsoever.

Edited by Pettersson
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wow, that could have been an epic mess but turned out great for you. Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: 

Congratulations, on having the wife and your little one going home now. :999:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just an update how things went: my arriving PAL flight was only 8 minutes late at 8 PM, just one hour past the airport closure. The terminal seemed less crowded than usually. The streets between the airport and northern Cavite had relatively light traffic so our drive only took 45 minutes vs the typical hour or more that time of the day. So far so good and no "papal trouble" whatsoever.

I guess the crowd and traffic moved on with the Pope although he may have blessed your trip  :)

• Like 2