Buying And Renting Beach Front Condos

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

I'm planning my first visit to phils..haven't fully made itinerary yet,,as I'm still gathering info.im planning my first visit to be 6 months so I can explore areas sites cities etc...to find out where I may be comfortable living.im not sure I really desire to be in busy city or on a beach.id like to be within easy access to both a city and a beach.im probably interested in renting and beach front condo and purchasing on later when I can decide a location.My questions are can I get a condo that's not in a busy location and any suggestions of areas I may research?it seems like having php cash on hand is a must in phils,so do I convert cash to pop here in usa and load a briefcase or bring us and convert in phils?also feel free to recommend phils realtors or sites to me.im clueless,just trying to educate myself,,,oh yeah another question,,,how does financing work on condo being a foreiner?thanks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

There are ATM machines just about anywhere except for some province areas. The most you are allowed to bring into the country is $10000 US dollars or P10000 so leave your briefcase home besides you don't want to be carrying large sums of money around. As for just trying to educate yourself which is a good thing; best to start by reading some of the topics while you're waiting for an answer here as you're not the first to ask those questions.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

There are ATM machines just about anywhere except for some province areas. The most you are allowed to bring into the country is $10000 US dollars or P10000 so leave your briefcase home besides you don't want to be carrying large sums of money around. As for just trying to educate yourself which is a good thing; best to start by reading some of the topics while you're waiting for an answer here as you're not the first to ask those questions.   :thumbsup:

Just be ready to wait in lines for 30 minutes to use the ATMs unless you get lucky.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
,how does financing work on condo being a foreiner

You can get everything you want in a condo, just not all in one place.  An idyllic condo on a pristine beach with a shopping mall next door but no crowds just does not exist anywhere in Philippines.  So you will have to pick and choose what is most important to you.  About financing, forget about it.  Its cheaper to rent than to pay the interest they charge here.  Example:  I went to a company selling condos who said they would 'in house' finance them if paid in 2 years.  Interest rate is 12%.  Sounds good right?  Until you realize that they take 12% of the total price, add it in up front and equalize the payments over 24 months.  That is almost 24% APR in the real world.  And paying 2 Million pesos in 24 months is a hefty payment.  So its been said before that you need to bring cash with you or finance it with a personal loan from a first world country.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
so do I convert cash to pop here in usa

I cant speak to condos and such. But in regards to exchange, I suggest that you change maybe $100 at the airport until you get to where your going. Once there just look for exchange places (they are all over the place). Go in and just ask "whats the rate today?". Go to a 2 or 3 places, you will most likely find they are all the same or close. These types of places usually have better rates than banks or western union. Leave your American sense of self conscious at the airport and don't worry about comparing rates, the locals do it all the time.

• Like 4

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Thanks.for all advice.... glad i joined.hopefully i can give back at some point

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

What you want takes time. You cannot do it all in one visit. You want convenience plus a beach. Like someone said. You cannot have both. Consider a nice condo with amenities near convenience of a mall. Pick a place that has nice beaches nearby. You can travel to and from the beach and even rent a cottage on the beach for a weekend or more. 

Inquire with Traveladvisor.com

robert k
Posted
Posted

So many people here are using the same playbook I am, it must be right! Condo on the beach? Sounds expensive? Because it is. If it were cheap, why wouldn't a Filipino be living in it? Odds are good they would hear about it long before you ever would. I don't know why people want to live on the beach here, it's not Malibu. It might be better to visit the beach when you want.

The Government owns the beaches, I can walk down the coast and walk through several resorts, or in front of your condo and poop right there. No bathroom facilities you know?

All I can think to say is Salaam'at and God Bless for shouldering the expense for me and my hooligan friends to have a nice clean beach to go to so we can drink, leave our trash, play loud music and have the loudest tailpipe competition to 4:00 am and beyond.

Joe, you are all right! :thumbsup:

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Thanks Grate and Rob....of course i can only decide when i get there.which is best...my main concern is to be able to access the beach and the city..without to much distance...maybe i been spoiled here can jump in my truck be at md beaches in under an hour in many cities under an hour anf even ti the mountain house in under 2 hours...i honestly think im looking forward to yhe trike experience there.. :)

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Beach front is nice but storm surge during heavy weather isn't. Trust me, flooded twice in 6 months in Guihulngan in Negros Oriental.  Elevated place may be ok though.