Buying And Renting Beach Front Condos

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thats absolutely good point.and that has crossed my mind about all the climate and weather considerations.ill have to look somewhere here to find out whuch ares most likely to flood..or is it all phils? Seems a lil dumb question ill look into that soon..thanks...one thing i love is heat an humidity.assuming im a rare bread but always loved full sun pouring concrete in 98 degree weather ..lol..i dont like shade trees unbrellas actually dont even care for breezes.ok so yes youll all live this..im gona share...my first time ever flying in my life im jumped out at 13500 feet skydiving...my dad wondered why anyone jumps out of a perfectly good airplane.recommend that experience to the entite planet. :).

Flooding risk has much to do with how high up you are compared to the CLOSEST land,

and if you are close to a river, which can rapidly ADD MUCH water from rain falling ELSEWHERE.

Concerning flooding by typhon/tsunami waves from the OCEAN

/typhons come from east or southeast, so the west side is normaly cobered from such.

/Concerning tsunami risks in Visayas I know there have been warnings at the ocean between Cebu and Negros, but I don't believe it got any hard hiy anywhere last time

There have been tsunamis coming from east of Samar, but the parts of Phils you have talked about is rather good covered by Samar+Leyte island, but some risk it can reach, depending of where the eartquake is.

About financing, forget about it.  Its cheaper to rent than to pay the interest they charge here.  Example:  I went to a company selling condos who said they would 'in house' finance them if paid in 2 years.  Interest rate is 12%.  Sounds good right?  Until you realize that they take 12% of the total price, add it in up front and equalize the payments over 24 months.

Is it true that after signing the 24 month agreement, if you want to pay it off in 12 months, that you still have to pay the full amount calculated for 24 months at 12%? They are not able to calculate a discount.

I believe it depend of very few Pinoys can count percent proper   :)

Is it true that after signing the 24 month agreement, if you want to pay it off in 12 months, that you still have to pay the full amount calculated for 24 months at 12%? They are not able to calculate a discount.

That is true.  Is it legal?  I do not know.  I do know they will try to force you to pay the entire amount with no discount because:  "You signed a contract"  It is the same with the Internet service.  Its often a 24 month contract and if you drop the service you still pay the entire amount for 24 months with no discount.  But in both cases I believe it is illegal so if you wanted to hire a lawyer ...  :hystery:

I suppouse it IS legal, because that's what the contract said from start,

so if the contract was legal from start, then it will be legal later too   :)   even if the buyer want to CHANGE terms afterwards.

Thanks Grate and Rob....of course i can only decide when i get there.which is best...my main concern is to be able to access the beach and the city..without to much distance...maybe i been spoiled here can jump in my truck be at md beaches in under an hour in many cities under an hour anf even ti the mountain house in under 2 hours...i honestly think im looking forward to yhe trike experience there.. :)

Here you can live in the mountains where it is much cooler and still be only an hour drive from the beach.

Yes. And from many mountains and hills we can get SEA VIEW

WITHOUT having disturbance from people using the beach.

(I will probably settle at a hill some kilometers inland. Mountains is cooler, but I'm not so fond of steep mountain sides - specialy if meeting a speeding lorry/bus at a narrow mountain road   :mocking:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thanks Grate and Rob....of course i can only decide when i get there.which is best...my main concern is to be able to access the beach and the city..without to much distance...maybe i been spoiled here can jump in my truck be at md beaches in under an hour in many cities under an hour anf even ti the mountain house in under 2 hours...i honestly think im looking forward to yhe trike experience there.. :)

Sounds as though you have it all in the states............... I wonder why on earth you're thinking of moving to the Phils?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Depends where you are, I cant recall on my visits ever waiting in line any longer than maybe 4 minutes and sometimes no wait at all. If you are in a one ATM machine town yes.

Yes, it depends where you are and what time of the month it is.  In Naval, Biliran there are at least 5 ATMs and at least 3 days of the week there is a line up that averages a half hour (sometimes more sometimes less).  It is a 2 hour drive to the closest ATM outside of Naval so most wait the half hour.  Worst case was when I waited my turn and got to second in line and the machine ran out of cash.   :bash:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

John Mogusar
Posted
Posted

Depends where you are, I cant recall on my visits ever waiting in line any longer than maybe 4 minutes and sometimes no wait at all. If you are in a one ATM machine town yes.

Yes, it depends where you are and what time of the month it is.  In Naval, Biliran there are at least 5 ATMs and at least 3 days of the week there is a line up that averages a half hour (sometimes more sometimes less).  It is a 2 hour drive to the closest ATM outside of Naval so most wait the half hour.  Worst case was when I waited my turn and got to second in line and the machine ran out of cash.   :bash:

Yes...running out of cash. LOL. I was in a large city (over 100k population) that had two banks, but only one ATM. No, I take that back, two ATMs at one bank.

At certain times of the month (pay period was one of them; another had something to do with pawn shops), the line would be 30 people long. And nobody is in a big hurry when they get to the machine.

The ATMs would both run out of cash frequently and they would not fill them up promptly.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Pinamalayan, Mindoro Oriental, one bank ATM (BDO) would have a line 30 persons long and another bank (Allied) and ATM down a side street would be deserted.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Here on Mactan at the local Mall they have 4 ATM's, 1 outside (BPI) and three inside, never have to wait, but never go on Mondays or Fridays :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here on Mactan at the local Mall they have 4 ATM's, 1 outside (BPI) and three inside, never have to wait, but never go on Mondays or Fridays :thumbsup:

But also there are free standing banks with ATM's. I think it was the last time I was there after leaving the airport, told taxi to pull into one of the banks before the bridge which had an enclosed ATM plus guard, waited for only one person on a Friday as I always arrive on a Friday and off to the hotel after that. Another time somewhere else on the way to the hotel after arriving, made a fool of myself as I stopped at ATM in a bank foyer, used my card; something went wrong and thought the machine swallowed the card so went into the bank to explain only to realize I had put the card back into my wallet.

Think I was stressed that day as my luggage never arrived with me.

Now what has that got to do with the topic title,"Buying And Renting Beach Front Condos" Nothing!  :no:  :)

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

But also there are free standing banks with ATM's. I think it was the last time I was there after leaving the airport, told taxi to pull into one of the banks before the bridge which had an enclosed ATM plus guard, waited for only one person on a Friday as I always arrive on a Friday and off to the hotel after that. Another time somewhere else on the way to the hotel after arriving, made a fool of myself as I stopped at ATM in a bank foyer, used my card; something went wrong and thought the machine swallowed the card so went into the bank to explain only to realize I had put the card back into my wallet.

Think I was stressed that day as my luggage never arrived with me.

Now what has that got to do with the topic title,"Buying And Renting Beach Front Condos" Nothing!  :no:  :)

The mall you are thinking of is Island Mall, I am speaking of Grand Mall, but I get your point, completely O.T. :1 (103):  I will refrain in the future posting unless I am strictly on topic, sorry Boss Man. About the OP, do not have a clue, have a good one :mocking:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yes, it depends where you are and what time of the month it is.

I understand there is a name for this time of month... If she's at the beach front condo, I hope to heck you're in the mountains!!!

:D

• Like 2

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

That was awesome bob..sounds like a new topic..or maybe a number one country song....ATM=around the mountain. :) Another Time of Month. ...

• Like 2