For Home Sick Aussies ...

Markham
Posted
Posted

"Hogs Breath", an Australian restaurant chain with 80 outlets down-under, has opened its first restaurant in the Philippines. Located not in Manila as one might expect but In Davao. It's one of a group of upmarket eateries at SM's new

Premier Mall, Lanang, in the north of the city, fairly close to the airport.

The missus and I found it by accident. It is next door to Viking, a restaurant with an awesome buffet, which the wife has been nagging me to take her but when we discovered they wanted to charge her and I Php995 each and our 3 year old, who eats like a sparrow, Php500, we decided against and went instead to Hogs Breath. Steaks cost around Php1220 but that is a plateful. Mae had barbecued pork belly and I Chicken Parmentiere (deep-fried chick breast fillets with a tomato salsa and Parmesan Cheese sauce); both were fabulous and not expensive. Good food, great service and Aussie Rules on TV, what more could one want?!

• Like 4

brock
Posted
Posted

Mark,,,So Steak for two people is 2440p,,,,That is just about double than What I would pay in Nottingham

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Mark,,,So Steak for two people is 2440p,,,,That is just about double than What I would pay in Nottingham

Its about what you would pay for a steak in a restaurant in Australia. Anyway imported good steak wont be cheap anywhere. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

All day specials

https://www.facebook.com/HogsBreathCafeDavao

post-1-0-31179900-1421018746_thumb.jpg

The outback steakhouse has also opened in Manila and will expand according to a story I read a few weeks ago. 

https://www.facebook.com/OutbackPH

i am bob
Posted
Posted

If the specials taste as good as they look, I know that I will about the place!

brock
Posted
Posted

It seems that food prices are getting very high in the Philippines now,,,,You can get a good Roast with 4 or 5 vegetables and Yorkshire pudding in my City for about 450 peso,,,,3 course meal for about 750 peso.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

It seems that food prices are getting very high in the Philippines now,,,,You can get a good Roast with 4 or 5 vegetables and Yorkshire pudding in my City for about 450 peso,,,,3 course meal for about 750 peso.

Great but since no one speaks English hard to order or have you moved again?  :)

brock
Posted
Posted

Talking about Nottingham England Tom,,,,But thousands of Polish people here