Duterte, I Will Shoot You

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

You tell 'em Rody!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I gotta admit...  Before I moved to Davao, I used to think that all these things I heard from or about Mr Duterte was just that - talk.  Maybe the part about shooting somebody though it does grab your attention - and helps to maintain his image...  But don't ever make his city look bad or you may seriously regret it!  He's done a lot of work most people don't know about to make this not only a safe place for everybody but also a place that people will want to come to!

It's not often I respect a politician...

:tiphat:

• Like 4

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Our plans in place are to move to Davao where my wife grew up. Being there several times, I have found it to be a very peaceful city /area.  I do, however, take that with a grain of salt as far as comparisons go, as all of the Philippines is "painted in red" (shown on previous posts) as far as the areas that are the most safe or the most dangerous.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Actually, that map painted in red? It could cover the entire earth!

Now, after saying how safe Davao is, I have to admit I was involved in an attempted mugging last night... Yup! Stepped out of the hotel door and turned right... I was immediately grabbed from behind... One hand was around my leg while one hand could be felt pulling at my back pocket... I calmly removed the toddler who had crashed and fallen into me!!! That's the 3rd time the little guy's done that... I'll have to start counting my cash after...!

:D

• Like 2