13A Visa Timetable

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Okay, after much consideration, reviewing and rethinking.  I think it will be advantageous for me to get a 13a Visa.  My wife and daughter are both dual citizens.  Since my daughter will be just 10 yoa when we move there next year it will just be easier for us to not have to schedule exits around school.

Anyway, my question is how long does it usually take to obtain the 13a Visa?  I will be applying here in the US and from my location will be going to Washington DC to apply.  We plan to move late April or early May 2016.  I know there are many requirements and documents that need to be certified, so I'm just wondering how soon should I apply?

I want to have the visa at least one month in advance prior to leaving.

Edited by intrepid

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Anyway, my question is how long does it usually take to obtain the 13a Visa?

Im sure there will be different experiences with time frames but to get the best answer would be to contact the Philippines Embassy in Washington. At least its coming from the horses mouth and one would think it would be correct at the time of asking.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Anyway, my question is how long does it usually take to obtain the 13a Visa?

Im sure there will be different experiences with time frames but to get the best answer would be to contact the Philippines Embassy in Washington. At least its coming from the horses mouth and one would think it would be correct at the time of asking.  :thumbsup:

I would agree, but this is the Philippine Embassy we are talking about.  The Embassy is about 85 min drive one way for me.  Over the ten years my wife has been here and the many times we called there to ask questions, we only once had them answer the phone only to be told the person to answer our question was not in and to try later.  No phone messages have ever been returned and no emails have ever been responded to.

On the positive side, each time we went in person to file various documents, it has been a very helpful and plesent experience.  I'm just hoping someone can give me a general time frame of their experience.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm just hoping someone can give me a general time frame of their experience.

The subject got me curious and I realize this may not apply in the US but here in Australia it says

click on image

post-1-0-85764400-1421185936_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I can't answer the question re: timeline but I dealt with the Philippine Embassy in DC twice for tourist visas. They never answered the phone or responded to email but, oddly, did respond to questions sent via fax. That, however, was probably 10 years ago. Maybe worth a try.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Before we moved I debated getting my 13A there in the states. Like you I lived a bit away (lived in San Diego, embassy in Los Angeles). It was a toss up, Fight Manila traffic or Los Angeles traffic. Like you, I had great experiences while dealing with the Embassy in person. But its a tip off when you look at a persons official email on their web site and it is yahoo, AOL or G-mail :1 (103): . Since I was going to retire and would have all the time in the world I elected to wait till I moved here to get my 13A. Just went through the experience and just waiting to go pick it up.

If you consider waiting and getting it here, let me know, there are a couple of tips that might be helpful

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I'm just hoping someone can give me a general time frame of their experience.

The subject got me curious and I realize this may not apply in the US but here in Australia it says

click on image

attachicon.gifvisa granted.jpg

Thanks Bossman.  I would bet it is about the same in the US.  I think it will take at least 30 days to obtain the intial documents and certifications need and medical requirements.  Now this begs another related question.  How soon must you enter the Philippines the first time using the 13a visa?  Like I said I would like to obtain the visa at least one month prior before leaving just to reduce stress!  But I sure they do not want me to wait 8 months before entering.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
If you consider waiting and getting it here, let me know, there are a couple of tips that might be helpful

I have a friend who arrived there in June and started his processing and getting documents in July.  He obtained his 13a visa yesterday!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
He obtained his 13a visa yesterday!

sounds about right, you have to (by my experience anyway) stay in the country for 6 months before you start the process.

• Like 1