Did Globe Go Static

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You can't release/renew your public IP address, you can't even see it locally on your computer. Your ISP has total control of it. 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

You can't release/renew your public IP address, you can't even see it locally on your computer. Your ISP has total control of it. 

Correct .... only with something like this can you see the IP address that others see .... (don't worry I have changed my country settings again so I could show this photo ..... :thumbsup: ..... post-11-0-81803800-1423195909_thumb.jpg

jpbago
Posted
Posted
As long as he is using a Philippine card to a Philippine business, it won't matter.

Dave is the only one with a Philippine credit card and he is looking for an easy business. I wonder how much his vig would be.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Not to be arsy or anything but if the poster is putting IP addresses as part of the question but cant see it locally then how the hell can he see it so then surely they are not public and can be renewed  Globe last month stated in a press release that all IP addresses would be fixed to the type of service being purchase.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

And if you use pingplotter it will show all ip addresses from the local machine to the server you are connected to.  Pingplotter is running all the time my machine is on 

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wow! I think maybe it's time we start getting into the difference between public and private IPs, along with masking, submasking, routing and all the good stuff! I do have a series of books on this (3 books, total about 1500 pages, $129.99 for the set) but it's also about 6 years or more since I last updated it. Heck, I should check to see if it's even in print anymore... Hehe! And better yet, with my military-issued memory issues, I wonder how much I have forgotten?

:D