Little Known Filipino Driving Or Travel Superstitions

jon1
Posted
Posted

Why not? They bless animals during the Feast of St Francis of Assisi in the United States. The owners dress their dogs and cats in cute costumes.

:hystery: Only in the US but ......... I daresay it would catch on Here.  Maybe a pets Ukay Ukay would be a good business to start :rolleyes:  :unsure:

They bless their pets here for the same event. Eastwood city has a big to do about it (St Francis of Assisi chapel next door).

Don't forget, you have to do the sign of the cross when passing a church! (add this to the list)

Also do the same when passing a Balete tree (supposedly they harbor spirits).... 

• Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Don't forget, you have to do the sign of the cross when passing a church! (add this to the list)

I thought that was a sign of respect, not a superstitious practice.  Other nationalities do the same (Catholic ones anyway).

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

my fiancé/e home has something in plastic bag over the doors entering home, and when her sister was pregnant I notice a large knife in sout window of her bedroom for protection

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
When picking a car, don’t choose red ones. Red cars are the most prone to car accidents.
  Actualy that can be TRUE, but I suppouse not of THAT reason.

Many years ago I read a report about colors of cars in accidents,  =Red had highest percentage. But the conclusion from that insurance company (?) was PEOPLE who CHOSE red cars, drive more wild...

When I buy car, I don't bother about color.  I drive wild UNDEPENDING of color of my car  :mocking:

But in warm countries I prefer white, silver or stainless to reduce the heat inside the car. Odd they put BLACK roofs mostly at one of the most common cars in Phils ! 

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Also it's good luck for the taxi driver to detour through the McDonald's drive through when transporting a foreigner to his destination. He will myseriously find extra money to the stated fare :867:          ...hmmm-how do I know this :89: ?         

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

If you wear slippers, you don't need to wear a helmet as long as one end is protected.

PS: I just made that up.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

If you wear slippers, you don't need to wear a helmet as long as one end is protected.

PS: I just made that up.

Two can play that game!

If you run into someone's car with your motorcycle and you are able to ride off immediately, you should do so to leave the bad luck behind. Nobody told me this, it's not made up either, it has been deduced by observation.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is bad luck to hit a child in the provinces including those playing in the middle of the road. If you stop, you will be beaten or killed by a mob. Best strategy is to proceed to the next town and surrender yourself to the police.

It is good luck to keep repeating the phrase, "I have money." "I have money." This assures everyone you will pay the medical bills and take care of the entire family for the remainder of your life. On second thought, repeating the phrase might also be bad luck.

Edited by JJReyes

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Blood money

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Many years ago I read a report about colors of cars in accidents,  =Red had highest percentage

Not a popular colour in the Phils but according to insurers. Signal Yellow is the colour of a car that has least Accidents.post-2148-0-11789000-1421903407_thumb.jp

Now with the amount of yellow cabs all over the world I actually wonder if this can be correct or are yellow cab drivers just lucky or Good Drivers?post-2148-0-75894300-1421903443.jpg Oooooooops sorry for the Digression  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat: