Traditional Filipina.....

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

OK, here goes and lets see what your experiences are what advice comes back......

Over past 3 years have dated a few Filipinas and had a few one night stands.  Recently (two months) met lovely lady, well educated, from northern provinces, pretty churchy (I am not), very traditional, perhaps even old fashioned by English standards.

Met her here in Dubai and had a few dates at first which was fine.  Since found out she was dating couple guys at same time and told until you are boyfriend girlfriend thats the norm and not exclusive?  Tried holding hands early days and was rebuffed...... thats for when bfgf was told.   So, just had first "monthsarry" another unheard of thing for me, celebrating first month as exclusive bfgf.  

We see each other few times each week, she stays one night at weekend and sleeps in spare room.  Get a good night peck on the lips and same when drop her home.

Never experienced the traditional Filipina before..........so it this the traditional Filipina and not one that just looks for your blue eyes, wallet and future security I ask?

Maybe worth adding her first bf was with her 10 years, messed her about whilst she was OFW here in dubai.

Fie away and welcome your Filipina dating advice for such a lady.......

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a waste of time. From what I hear, after one date, it is bfgf all inclusive.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

OK, here goes and lets see what your experiences are what advice comes back......

Over past 3 years have dated a few Filipinas and had a few one night stands.  Recently (two months) met lovely lady, well educated, from northern provinces, pretty churchy (I am not), very traditional, perhaps even old fashioned by English standards.

Met her here in Dubai and had a few dates at first which was fine.  Since found out she was dating couple guys at same time and told until you are boyfriend girlfriend thats the norm and not exclusive?  Tried holding hands early days and was rebuffed...... thats for when bfgf was told.   So, just had first "monthsarry" another unheard of thing for me, celebrating first month as exclusive bfgf.  

We see each other few times each week, she stays one night at weekend and sleeps in spare room.  Get a good night peck on the lips and same when drop her home.

Never experienced the traditional Filipina before..........so it this the traditional Filipina and not one that just looks for your blue eyes, wallet and future security I ask?

Maybe worth adding her first bf was with her 10 years, messed her about whilst she was OFW here in dubai.

Fie away and welcome your Filipina dating advice for such a lady.......

My Special Someone is very traditional too! Though we were holding hands on our first meeting in person and it's a kiss on the cheek when mom's around... And the ever present chaperone! But, yeah, on the other side, no asking for money and she backs me 100% on everything!!!

• Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted

If you are going to do everything her way from now on, fine. I always figured it was good to let it be known my boundary lines. It will hurt a lot worse later on if she just assumes it will go her way and it's something you won't stand for. I would at least try her out with putting your foot down, see how she reacts. Good luck.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife is old school, we met in the late 90's that was typical unlike today. For me a traditional Filipina is the only way to go. No sleep overs until the wedding, but after that they go from 0 to 100 is about two seconds. If you know what I mean. :whistling:  :-kiss:

You know much more about dating Filipinas than I do Steve. One thing that seems out of place. You said she was dating a few guys at the same time she started dating you. I don't think that is typical and would be a big red flag to me. 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 5

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
My wife is old school, we met in the late 90's that was typical unlike today. For me a traditional Filipina is the only way to go. No sleep overs until the wedding, but after that they go from 0 to 100 is about two seconds. If you know what I mean.   You know much more about dating Filipinas than I do Steve. One thing that seems out of place. You said she was dating a few guys at the same time she started dating you. I don't think that is typical and would be a big red flag to me. 

Thanks for the advice all.

Old 55, yeah it very refreshing a bit more traditional and old school.  Certainly hasnt been any 0-100 mph as yet.......... unlike others I have dated seem up for anything after a date!!!

As soon as the "official" bfgf thing kicked in then a one man woman.

Fingers crossed and time will tell as they say.......

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think it is fine if you are happy with it.

In the case of K and I we fell into bed straight away and I am very aware that she wishes she had not done so, but had held out for a more traditional approach.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted

Dating a couple of guys at the same time,,,Doesnt sound good to me,,,Would she like it if you had a couple of girls on the go,,,I dont think so.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
My Special Someone is very traditional too! Though we were holding hands on our first meeting in person and it's a kiss on the cheek when mom's around... And the ever present chaperone! But, yeah, on the other side, no asking for money and she backs me 100% on everything!!!

Similar situation for me too, when courting my wife.

My only concern from your statement is the other BF's, take it slowly and see where it goe's from here, sometimes there is a "just good friends" situation.

Dating a couple of guys at the same time,,,Doesnt sound good to me,,,Would she like it if you had a couple of girls on the go,,,I dont think so.

That's a good point. Hope things work out for the best....JB

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
In the case of K and I we fell into bed straight away and I am very aware that she wishes she had not done so, but had held out for a more traditional approach.

I'm hoping K does not have access to read this forum.  If she does, I think someone is going to be sleeping in the doghouse! 

• Like 4