Traditional Filipina.....

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My Special Someone is very traditional too! Though we were holding hands on our first meeting in person and it's a kiss on the cheek when mom's around... And the ever present chaperone! But, yeah, on the other side, no asking for money and she backs me 100% on everything!!!

Similar situation for me too, when courting my wife.

My only concern from your statement is the other BF's, take it slowly and see where it goe's from here, sometimes there is a "just good friends" situation.

Dating a couple of guys at the same time,,,Doesnt sound good to me,,,Would she like it if you had a couple of girls on the go,,,I dont think so.

That's a good point. Hope things work out for the best....JB

Thanks for the posts guys but you should have quoted Steve...

At first I didn't beloved it (thought it was just one of those ways Filipinos day things) but I found out I am actually my Special Someone's first (and hopefully last) relationship! For the last 6 years she had been concentrating on school and helping her elderly mom. I guess it helps when nobody other than "just friends" ever asked her out... That I can't figure out as she is the most beautiful woman I've ever met! I've had the talk from family members telling me that I am her first love and, if I wasn't serious, to please walk away then... I'm here for the long run!

So, now that my verbal diarrhea has ruin it's course, that weren't my Special Someone!

:D

• Like 3

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
You know much more about dating Filipinas than I do Steve. One thing that seems out of place. You said she was dating a few guys at the same time she started dating you. I don't think that is typical and would be a big red flag to me. 
Dating a couple of guys at the same time,,,Doesnt sound good to me,,,Would she like it if you had a couple of girls on the go,,,I dont think so.

The point was when i first had date with her she had already arranged date with local kabayan engineer also, but never saw him again, was just the once.

Any of you guys experienced this "monthsarry" thing, kinda like bfgf anniversary?

Do like the lass a lot so will give it a while and see what develops from here on in.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the posts guys but you should have quoted Steve...

Now I am really confused! :unsure:

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

You know much more about dating Filipinas than I do Steve. One thing that seems out of place. You said she was dating a few guys at the same time she started dating you. I don't think that is typical and would be a big red flag to me. 

The point was when i first had date with her she had already arranged date with local kabayan engineer also, but never saw him again, was just the once.

Any of you guys experienced this "monthsarry" thing, kinda like bfgf anniversary?

Do like the lass a lot so will give it a while and see what develops from here on in.

Thanks for all the feedback thus far.

Yes the monthsary thing is a big deal. Don't forget the date!

As to her dating other men, assuming the dates were as chaste as yours, I wouldn't worry about it. She was looking around, as were you.

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, here goes and lets see what your experiences are what advice comes back......

Over past 3 years have dated a few Filipinas and had a few one night stands.  Recently (two months) met lovely lady, well educated, from northern provinces, pretty churchy (I am not), very traditional, perhaps even old fashioned by English standards.

Met her here in Dubai and had a few dates at first which was fine.  Since found out she was dating couple guys at same time and told until you are boyfriend girlfriend thats the norm and not exclusive?  Tried holding hands early days and was rebuffed...... thats for when bfgf was told.   So, just had first "monthsarry" another unheard of thing for me, celebrating first month as exclusive bfgf.  

We see each other few times each week, she stays one night at weekend and sleeps in spare room.  Get a good night peck on the lips and same when drop her home.

Never experienced the traditional Filipina before..........so it this the traditional Filipina and not one that just looks for your blue eyes, wallet and future security I ask?

Maybe worth adding her first bf was with her 10 years, messed her about whilst she was OFW here in dubai.

Fie away and welcome your Filipina dating advice for such a lady.......

Well. You told you had one night stands YOUSELF.

So how would she know if you were serious or not?

I have some Filipina FRIENDS, who are very disapointed at foreigners/Filipinos, who have said to them they are the only one, they love them and want to marry them, but the TRUTH was they only wamted a "sex vacation" and some never went to meet them.

So not odd if they have "backuos" until they KNOW it's REALY serious...

OLD TRADITION is FIRST meeting the PARENTS to get OK to court the daughter.  

That's still RATHER common in rural areas in Phils,

while in cities most are similar as in "kano countries"  - EXCEPT many of them DON*T KNOW about pregnancy protections!

(One of my Filipina friends told me two days ago she is pregnant after having sex with a married Filipino, and she told she DIDN'T BELIEVE she could become pregnant !!! )

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I did ask permission, not to court K, but to ask for her hand in marriage, from her parents in the traditional way. And I do pagmamano when I greet them.

This has proven to be the Right Thing to Do.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I asked for permission to date my Special Someone - but that was at the airport when I first arrived!  Hehe!  As for asking permission to marry?  Before I could ask - or even thought of asking -, I found out mom wants us to date for a while - just to make sure we are compatible.  (As mom put it, the family doesn't believe in divorce so it has to be right for us!)  I had asked Av before what I would need to do to meet family traditions and obligations before we could get married - I just forgot that she and her mom talk about everything!

:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
I do pagmamano

What is Pagmamano?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The traditional gesture of respect for an elder, in which the younger person takes the right hand of the elder and touches it to their forehead.

• Like 2