Traditional Filipina.....

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The traditional gesture of respect for an elder, in which the younger person takes the right hand of the elder and touches it to their forehead.

I also do it with my fiancée's parents and grandparents when I first meet them after a long while. They just call it mano po. Perhaps a difference between Bisayan and Tagalog languages.

Both terms are interchangeable but strictly speaking one should ask "Mano, po?" ("your hand, sir/madam" and then make the gesture.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The traditional gesture of respect for an elder, in which the younger person takes the right hand of the elder and touches it to their forehead.

I also do it with my fiancée's parents and grandparents when I first meet them after a long while. They just call it mano po. Perhaps a difference between Bisayan and Tagalog languages.

Both terms are interchangeable but strictly speaking one should ask "Mano, po?" ("your hand, sir/madam" and then make the gesture.

Wow! I didn't know you were suppose to ask first! Nor did i know it was the right hand i was to hold! Which probably was the reason my future MIL laughed as i got the feeling i was doing the old "V8" slap with somebody else's hand! But she quickly let me know that my actions were greatly appreciated!

:D

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Would it be to touch the hand to your head or their head?

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Back of their right hand to your forehead, whilst bowing slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
chico2663
Posted
Posted

OK, here goes and lets see what your experiences are what advice comes back......

Over past 3 years have dated a few Filipinas and had a few one night stands.  Recently (two months) met lovely lady, well educated, from northern provinces, pretty churchy (I am not), very traditional, perhaps even old fashioned by English standards.

Met her here in Dubai and had a few dates at first which was fine.  Since found out she was dating couple guys at same time and told until you are boyfriend girlfriend thats the norm and not exclusive?  Tried holding hands early days and was rebuffed...... thats for when bfgf was told.   So, just had first "monthsarry" another unheard of thing for me, celebrating first month as exclusive bfgf.  

We see each other few times each week, she stays one night at weekend and sleeps in spare room.  Get a good night peck on the lips and same when drop her home.

Never experienced the traditional Filipina before..........so it this the traditional Filipina and not one that just looks for your blue eyes, wallet and future security I ask?

Maybe worth adding her first bf was with her 10 years, messed her about whilst she was OFW here in dubai.

Fie away and welcome your Filipina dating advice for such a lady.......

first of all you had better thank god she didn't do anything in public. you can be thrown in jail in muslim countries for public displays of affection.my family is in the oil business. one of my uncles is a structural engineer that is back in malaysia. My aunt was just told she couldn't read a book in public just on wednesday.Another uncle builds oil rigs. He is a bit of a womanizer. He has told me on many occasions that when he is building rigs for saudi arabia or any in the gulf peninsula that he is eyes straight ahead.