One Month Accommodation Cebu?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I thought that a tourist like me would have to get the so-called extension after 21 days.

Now you have 30 days as a tourist not 21 so chopper was pointing out you will be paying the next extension for 5 days use.

Anyway, I just want to say real quick that I hope I didn't get Steve in trouble with the forum because he told me about his condo in Cebu.

Well no but my reply at the time to him was not knowing that it was his property that he was sending info about. I have added a piece in the forum rules to cover this in the future as it is a commercial venture where one stands to make monetary gains. At least I know where to go for a special rate when I visit later this year or 2096, whichever comes first.  :)

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
I have added a piece in the forum rules to cover this in the future as it is a commercial venture where one stands to make monetary gains. At least I know where to go for a special rate when I visit later this year or 2096, whichever comes first. 

Noted and i dont push it generally to anyone as usually use it myself.  

You are more than welcome to special rate if ever visiting  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

I personally would not start out with the intent to stay in any one place for a month. I prefer to move every 5 days and check out a new area.

I would stay at the diplomats hotel and try to negotiate a discount or the NH Royal close to the national bookstore. I paid 1000 a night including breakfast .

There is a pension hotel on the corner or Rahman street and maxilom for 600 a night.

• 3 weeks later...
worldwander
Posted
Posted

Hi Mikey,

I'm in a similar situation - planning to stay in Cebu for a month and hoping to rent an apartment (or similar) so that I can save as compared to a hotel and have a kitchen. I don't plan to keep a vehicle, so I'm looking for something near the public transit network.

Does anyone have tips/ suggestions?

I see monthly rent ads on craigslist, but they all ask for a large deposit. As a potential rube who doesn't know the system, I wonder if I would ever get my deposit back.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As I mentioned previously on this thread, look for a long term hotel... Book through the links on the forum (see JollyGoodFellow's signature and not the Google AdSense ones) and you're laughing!

worldwander
Posted
Posted

Thanks.

What can I expect with regard to security deposits? If I leave ecerything as I found it, can I expect to get my money back?