Pope Says Catholics Should Not Breed 'like Rabbits'

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Interesting Topic Guy's

Years ago the Church realising you cannot expect people to continue to create child after child, educated woman to the"rhythm method"which apparently does work!

Trouble is the men were not playing the same tune! :7522:

They had a name for people who use the rhythm methold. They are called "Parents"

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Interesting Topic Guy's

Years ago the Church realising you cannot expect people to continue to create child after child, educated woman to the"rhythm method"which apparently does work!

Trouble is the men were not playing the same tune! :7522:

They had a name for people who use the rhythm methold. They are called "Parents"

Steve and Myrlita,

No offence intended, as a Catholic myself, I was made aware of the Rhythm method" many years ago!

It is up to the "Parents" to decide for themselves as individuals what they feel is right and acceptable.

In a World that now thinks Gay marriage is acceptable and abortion a right, I'm sure you both know where this world is heading.

"The truth will set you free" God Bless

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

The poverty is the consequence of under employment and unemployment, because the population is growing faster than jobs can be created, hanks in part to the unattractive climate for foreign direct investment (i agree that a contributor to that unattractive climate for investment is corruption, but there are raft of unhelpful laws as well, and great uncertainty over "who is in charge".

The raft of unhelpful laws is the source for corruption. Officials legislate laws and ordinances to make it impossible for businesses to comply. To receive an exemption or approval, you need to practice gift giving not just once, but on a continuing basis. An example is sidewalk vendors cannot obtain a license. So they pay a daily "tong" or bribe to local officials.

A developing economy cannot form capital (from savings) at a sufficiently fast rate to create employment for everyone. Hence you must either import capital from the rich world, as most countries do, or export your surplus labour, as the Philippines does. Since the value added by the work of an OCW remains in the host country, and only the surplus of their wages over subsistence is remitted, the Philippines loses out.

During my days with the Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas, we were asked for ideas on how to flush the money hidden under the mattresses. There was no solution because the commercial and savings banks do not want the business. The equivalent then of a P10,000 depositor is too much trouble. The savings are there, but how do you report it to the International Monetary Fund, Bank for International Settlement, etc.? The Philippine solution is labor export and the country is a success story with inbound remittances being a large portion of GDP.

The standard of education is also pretty dire. Compare China where every child gets the very best education that his or her parents can find, because they know they will depend on their child's earnings in their old age.

The Philippine standard of education is poor when compared to industrial nations. A fairer comparison would be countries like Bangladesh. You also have to differentiate public (lousy) and private (good) education. If the education is terrible, why are Pilipinos hired on a global basis? Name me one hospital in the United States or possibly the United Kingdom that does not have at least one nurse from the Philippines?

The education quality is not universal. Only a few make it. It is the same in the United States where 50% of low income and poverty level students fail to complete high school. Those who receive diplomas require additional training. Some high school graduates are functional illiterates (4th grade reading level) or near illiterates (6th grade reading level).

China will show foreign reporters and educators their best schools located in major cities like Shanghai. Try visiting rural schools. The problem is you will not be permitted to do so. Even in prosperous cities like Shanghai, try obtaining permission to visit schools for migrant (illegal) workers' families.

I do not advocate producing large number of children. My parents had eight, but that was customary for their days. My wife and I have two. Our son and daughter-in-law have one. Well, I do have a nephew with eight, but they are die hard Opus Dei with his parents producing ten children. My point is blaming the large Philippine population as the reason for so much poverty is too simplistic.

I forgot to add one really good thing about China's education system. University entrance is similar to Japan. You take a national exam. Without discussing the merits of memorizing for an exam, there is no corruption. The child of a high ranking government official has the same chance as that of a merchant. No favoritism.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you outlaw contraception, the result is large families. It doesn't take a genius or a Pope to figure that out. Abstinence may be encouraged before marriage, but once you are married - get real.

My wife is one of 10 kids; very religious parents who never used contraception. In fact, while I cannot imagine what 10 kids is like I have to say that they are fine parents and the kids are all doing well. I wish my 2 kids were as happy. Hell, I wish I were as happy.

Edited by davewe
  • Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

[

I have to say that they are fine parents and the kids are all doing well. I wish my 2 kids were as happy. Hell, I wish I were as happy.

Simple answer Davewe.....make more babies.. :mocking: .

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Catholic Church approves the abstinence and rhythm method of birth control. The problem is the men don't agree and their wives or girl friends can't refuse.

The sexual revolution started with the introduction of the Pill. It will take the Catholic Church 50 to 100 years to catch up.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If you outlaw contraception, the result is large families. It doesn't take a genius or a Pope to figure that out.
But the catholic church leaders DON'T manage to figure that out...  :)    

OR they understand it, but go on being AGAINST contraception anyway. Rather recently the Filipino catholic church tried hard to STOP a law, which is a step in good direction...

The Catholic Church approves the abstinence and rhythm method of birth control. The problem is the men don't agree and their wives or girl friends can't refuse.
Well. In many cases it's hard to make that function, so in many cases it just DELAY next pregnancy...

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

It's down to RSC....

If a man is not prepared to accept responsibility for his actions, then maybe he should'nt be doing what he is doing.

RSC....Responsible Sexual Conduct.

• Like 1