Online Shopping In Canada - Shipping Options?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

One good thing about the horribly low value of the Canadian dollar is I can now buy things like Cell Phones cheaper in Canada than anywhere else.  I can get free delivery on many things . . . in Canada.  So how so I get those things from Canada to Philippines without involving a friend or relative to 'reship' them for me?

Any Canadians on here have a plan for that?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I looked at Canadian Address a while ago... It looks like they've got their act together now and, for me, sound like a decent deal... Of course, shipping to the Philippines is probably not by the speediest route but you never know!

$10 Canadian a parcel? Now I can order that new TV.... That barbell set... A new car!!!

:D

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Can't let my wife hear about this!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Maybe this

Interesting.  I see they have a $10 service charge for shipping so I wrote to their contact person to ask how they would ship a cell phone and what the actual shipping cost would be and what the estimated time will be.  I will let people know if there is a reply.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thanks, SubicSteve but the web site says:

Choose from any of our United States offices

And I am looking for Canadian forwarders as I don't want to invoke double shipping or double exchange.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I will let people know if there is a reply.

There were 2 replies within 24 hours.  First was a form letter that told me:

To start using our service you will need to pay $20 account opening fee that was sent through Paypal. This is a one time fee.You will get a notification as soon you have a new mail. We can forward by UPS, Fedex, DHL , Aramex and CanadaPost.

No monthly fees. 10$ per incoming package, 2$ per letter, 3$ per scan. 

And the second was a 1 line reply to my query.  I asked about cost to ship a cell phone to Phillipines and the reply was:

I can quote you if you will let me know  dimensions and weight. thanks

Duh!  Its a cell phone!  How much difference can an inch or two make?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I will let people know if there is a reply.

And the second was a 1 line reply to my query.  I asked about cost to ship a cell phone to Phillipines and the reply was:

I can quote you if you will let me know  dimensions and weight. thanks

Duh!  Its a cell phone!  How much difference can an inch or two make?

My guess is the phone will be packaged in a box so that box could be a wee bit bigger than some and a wee bit smaller than others. Half a kilo of white powder in that box will increase the weight and costs.

:thumbsup: