Can A Locked Verizon Iphone Be Unlocked In The Phils?

russellmania
Posted
Posted

My girl wants a Iphone 4s and I located a few that are locked into Verizon and Sprint. Can they be unlocked in the Phils and at what price?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I used to buy locked phones and get them unlocked here.  But not anymore.  I cannot speak to the Iphone (although friends tell me their experiences are similar) but it used to be 500 pesos to unlock a phone but the price seemed to go up every year.  Then 4 years ago I paid 1500 pesos to get a phone unlocked and the fecked it up.  They said the network card was now trash and sorry but that happens sometimes so my $500 Sony phone became a camera only.  There is no compensation for fecking it up.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
 I cannot speak to the Iphone

Same as any phone, they have a mic and speaker. Best to locate each one first as its a clearer conversation talking into the mic.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I brought my old Verizon android (Droid X) with me... Not sure if it was Verizon or Motorola but someone actually blocked off the sim slot and no one here could unlock it.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I had my Iphone 5 (locked with AT&T) unlocked at Festival Mall Alabang last March.  One of the phone shops on the second floor near the main center section.  Paid p2000 including unli text and some talk and data time.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As Verizon uses CDMA rather than GSM, I doubt it will work - unless that particular Iphone is dual CDMA/GSM.  How to tell?  Is there a SIM slot?  If there is, it MAY work - depending on what the radios are.  Google your phone model and then compare it to the frequencies used in the Philippines.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

My girl wants a Iphone 4s and I located a few that are locked into Verizon and Sprint. Can they be unlocked in the Phils and at what price?

I have 2 Sprint iPhone 4s's. One I had unlocked in the USA before I came here. I simply called Sprint, they did something while I was on the line with them, gave me the PUK code and told me to call Apple's tech help center. Apple's people asked for the PUK code and within a few minutes the phone was unlocked. Now all I do is swap the micro-sim cards when I travel back and forth.

The second phone was my mom's. I recently got her a new phone and took the 4s as a back up. This time when I called Sprint I was told all I had to do was insert the local sim and enter "0000" when prompted to unlock it. That didn't work so I took the phone to a local phone repair shop here in Cebu (a kiosk in SM) and for p400 they unlocked it. Gf1 currently uses it with no issues.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Your career here in the States will unlock it for you at no cost. This can be done online or by phone or in person at the store.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am not sure if it is worth the trouble to bring an Iphone 4 and try to get it unlocked when they are available locally for under US$200

http://www.lazada.com.ph/imported-refurbished-apple-iphone-4-32gb-black-292623.html

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
mdn57
Posted
Posted

Just was in Cebu, if the phone has a removable sim card it might be able to be Unlocked, my phone was US Verizon and I got a globe sim card and was able to use it,  In Ayala Mall across from the Phone stores on the third floor is a computer repair shop with an honest guy who will tell your gf the truth about unlocking the phone you want to get for her, good luck

• Like 1