Worst Hotel Ever- Holiday Spa Hotel.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Final straw was leaving luggage in there small room on our last day (had stayed 7 nights). They wrote a number on a scratch paper, put it on luggage an gave me a slip of paper same number. We were only guests, lost piece of paper....that's P500 sir.....After a huge argument managed to get luggage no payment.

I agree that's ridiculous and idiotic, glad they relented. I stayed there a couple of weeks when I first moved here and have stayed on and off but not lately. I always recommend it to friends and they've all been happy there. I agree the wi-fi was crap. The breakfast was ok but my expectations for something like an "included breakfast" are pretty low. They usually replied quickly to emails. I used to know the manager but she's left. It's been a few years since I was there, is your experience fairly recent?

Stayed there 6 months ago, also parking is hopeless. The roof top lovely but stops right there, service is crap like the food.

Since been staying Fuente Auro just around corner, excellent in every respect although just a couple rooms have wi fi inside, experience teaches here. Lovely staff, good breakfasts great parking be it a little tight to get out.

Best hot showers ever experienced in Cebu, win in all we love it.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

This may be Fred Drift... but the common weakness of hotels in the provinces is poor staff training and weak management, allied to the almost nation wide lack of attention to maintenance.

K and I recently came across two exceptions to this rule -

First - D'hôtel in Dipolog, which really aims at "international standard" and pretty much gets there (family room 3,400 pesos, good western or Filipino breakfast included, dinner for 4 without wine 2,000-ish). Bonus points awarded because we arrived with a number of live chickens, which were efficiently consigned to the security guard with never an eyebrow raised!

Second, the F&C Guest House in Canlaon City, which at 900 pesos a night for a double room with hot shower and aircon and Filipino breakfast one might expect to be "nothing special" - on the contrary the staff were really, really, good - the place was spotless and very well maintained, everyone was polite and helpful and knew their stuff. We stayed for three weeks and would happily stay longer. I really was delighted with this place. I have stayed in the Atlantic in Hamburg, the Mandarin in Hong Kong and the Manila Hotel and the service was no better, although the bill was vastly different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 2

rfhypnos
Posted
Posted

Sad to hear about Holiday Spa, I stayed there before there was a night club and liked it.  It was out of the way and near Crossroads with decent staff but mediocre breakfast.  It once had management who had sense enough not to have a nightclub next door.  

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It was the worst hotel EVER. There is a night club next door. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday music blasted from it until 6AM loudly enough to get past the best earplugs money can buy, in a room on the far side of the hotel from the nightclub. At 3AM I went over and politely asked the manager of the club to turn it down a little. He politely informed me that I would have to ask the management of the hotel, since both establishments have the same owner! Of course the music did not get turned down.

Thanks for the heads up. In reading hotel reviews, there is an element of skepticism. The situation can change day-to-day resulting in positive or negative reviews. A nightclub blasting loud music all night is a different matter.

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

RBM

Maybe I should re think about staying there again. It could have been dumb luck that nothing happened when I stayed there

russellmania
Posted
Posted

The Holiday Spa Hotel was on someone's list of good inexpensive places to stay in Cebu. I'm here to tell you it was the worst hotel experience of my life. See my review at TripAdvisor.com.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298460-d2149TripAdvisor.com.408-r250666558-Holiday_Spa_Hotel-Cebu_City_Cebu_Island_Visayas.html

I couldn't get a copy to paste into this space so you'll have to go there to read it.

Added by Jolly......

“Go elsewhere.”

It was the worst hotel EVER. There is a night club next door. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday music blasted from it until 6AM loudly enough to get past the best earplugs money can buy, in a room on the far side of the hotel from the nightclub. At 3AM I went over and politely asked the manager of the club to turn it down a little. He politely informed me that I would have to ask the management of the hotel, since both establishments have the same owner! Of course the music did not get turned down.

It's like death from a thousand cuts. It has a deluxe gym but the gym costs extra. The wifi costs extra. It's PHP 100 for 24 hours with and they don't mention the limit of about 2 hours of actual usage within that 24 hours. Even the pool costs extra!

The restaurant is terrible. The breakfast buffet is quite limited and the eggs, meat and so on are kept at ROOM TEMPERATURE! That would get a restaurant shut down by the Health Department in any town in the USA. The staff is much more concerned with collecting your breakfast coupon than in stocking the buffet. The staff is nice enough but they are poorly trained. The hotel manger is incompetent. 

Tripadvisor needs an option for awarding ZERO stars in a review.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
See more room tips
Stayed January 2015, travelled with family

I concur with this review!! Dont for get guest have to pay P150 for gym usage and off the st visitors P300 per day. If the taxi area is busy you can forget making it to your appointment on time,because the hotel is off the main road and taxis dont venture down to the hotel, Your 2nd option is to take a couple mins hike to the mail road and hail a taxi. Im single so I like to bring the ladies to my hotel, and believe me ALL will know your business. You and your date will have to walk pass the front desk, through a restaurant full of guest, through the pool area full of swimmers before you can get to the rooms. The gym is ok BUT so many outsiders use it, it crowds the actual guest from enjoying their workout. I wont return to Holiday Spa.

• Like 2