Vosteran Virus-Malware

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
EXCEPT .... the malicious website protection ..... it will try to block different websites that Malwarebytes feels you don't need to visit .

Mike - I also use the premium version of Malwarebytes.    You can go into options and set up websites and/or IP addresses that Malware will not try to block.  This works well if there are only a few sites that you visit on a regular basis that Malware recognizes as malicious. 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
I use Avast paid version

I have been using Avast Premier version for some time now and just got a pleasant surprise on my renewal yesterday. First, I get an email saying that it expires in 48 hours so I check on the renewal from the email. It was $124.99 US 2 years 3 pcs. Then I go open the Avast website to renew from there. It was 1690p 2 years 3 pcs or $38.35 US. WOW!!!  Seems like Avast has a kano price and a local price.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have been using Avast Premier version for some time now

My daughter has the free Avast on her Laptop and to me it works well, When I was in Spain I used it.  I upgraded and Found there was little extra for the Money paid

I have the Free Avira on the Desk top which is pretty good although I do miss the Boot time Log that avast provides access to.

Morning All

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I have been using Avast Premier version for some time now

My daughter has the free Avast on her Laptop and to me it works well, When I was in Spain I used it.  I upgraded and Found there was little extra for the Money paid

I have the Free Avira on the Desk top which is pretty good although I do miss the Boot time Log that avast provides access to.

Morning All

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

One just never knows for sure if whatever antivirus you have is really good or not until something happens. Some use nothing and have had no problems. My wife was using the free Avira but after 2 re-formats, a new hard drive, another re-format and now a few months later it does not work.

It is like taking vitamin supplements. Do you really know if they are helping you? If you don't take them, do you know if your health would be better if you did take them?

JP

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I use Avast paid version

I have been using Avast Premier version for some time now and just got a pleasant surprise on my renewal yesterday. First, I get an email saying that it expires in 48 hours so I check on the renewal from the email. It was $124.99 US 2 years 3 pcs. Then I go open the Avast website to renew from there. It was 1690p 2 years 3 pcs or $38.35 US. WOW!!!  Seems like Avast has a kano price and a local price.

In Australia the premier version for 3 PC x 2years is $134.99 so called regular price is $244.99 AU. Lots of things have prices connected to the local area they sell in just like a Big Mac in Cebu is a different price than here in Aus.

• Like 2