Owning Home Cost

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
How does one prove he owns the house, perhaps when building have receipts in your name, building permit?

The Building Permit can only be granted to the Land Owner all taxes and Occupancy Permit has to be in the Land Owners name.

Proving It is YOUR House is pretty well impossible. Even if a Legal Document is Drawn up, there will be others to dispute.

Inheritance will raise it's ugly head at some Stage.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Interesting and often quoted. How does one prove he owns the house,

I have my doubts about the validity of the statement that is 'often quoted' but my doubts are only my opinion.  If I was going to lease bare land, at arms length (not from a friend or partner) then I would expect to 'own' the buildings I put on it for only as long as the lease was valid.  Example:  a hotel chain that leases land for the maximum length of time then walks away when the lease is up, they do not take the hotel with them.  Or a business that leases land to put up a donut shop.  When the lease expires they do not take the donut shop with them.  I have no examples of non business people taking the house with them when the lease is up so do they really OWN the house?  Unless, perhaps, you build a mobile home.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

How does one prove he owns the house, perhaps when building have receipts in your name, building permit?

The Building Permit can only be granted to the Land Owner all taxes and Occupancy Permit has to be in the Land Owners name.

Proving It is YOUR House is pretty well impossible. Even if a Legal Document is Drawn up, there will be others to dispute.

Inheritance will raise it's ugly head at some Stage.

Actually Jack it must vary on local laws. I have it straight from the government office granting the building permit that it's ok in my name. I do not have any name on the recently issued land titles to my GF.

I thought this would go some way in verifying my ownership of the house. Now due to my insurance company advising against this I will not proceed.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Thomas, condo associations especially! There are condos that are a few years old and need paint which they are not going to get because owners don't want to pony up. In subdivisions, it's far from unknown that the treasurer absconds with the accumulated dues set aside for larger projects.
  I talked about OTHER than condos (I'm not interested in such, because I don't want neighbours   :)

Condos are a subpart of a big part, and have "static" deals, so there we can't do special deals as it's possible at individual rural properties,

Interesting and often quoted.

My insurance office informed me today, if the house was in my name I could expect difficulty ever a claim was made, example fire.

In START I suppouse something like such, leasing contract...    I suppouse rather EASY to "prove" when you REGISTER it at the baranggay to PAY property TAX, because they want the tax  :mocking:  

AFTER that you can use that and receepts of the property tax you have paid as proof.    (In MANY cases for Filipinos, the tax receepts are the proves e g when they want to title a land.)

intrepid
Posted
Posted
I have no examples of non business people taking the house with them when the lease is up so do they really OWN the house?

My in-laws owned a home in San Carlos City Negros but did not own the land.  They built the house in the 1980s and were demanded to move around 2004 because the land owner was selling the land to a developer.  They were given at least a years notice.  When they finally located a place to move, they dismantled their home.  It was a two story wood structure.  They kept all the materals and used for various projects and sold some that was not needed.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have no examples of non business people taking the house with them when the lease is up so do they really OWN the house?

My in-laws owned a home in San Carlos City Negros but did not own the land.  They built the house in the 1980s and were demanded to move around 2004 because the land owner was selling the land to a developer.  They were given at least a years notice.  When they finally located a place to move, they dismantled their home.  It was a two story wood structure.  They kept all the materals and used for various projects and sold some that was not needed.

I don't know if he did, but one talked about DEMOLISH his OWN house, when he was scared to leave, just to not let his Filipina to get it  :)

I suppouse it isn't against the law to demolish own property, but perhaps land owner can demand the land to be cleared then from the demolished parts, which I suppouse can be very hard   :)

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Rbm you can pm me what the insurance office told you.lol.i wasnt sure insurance was a real option in phils..

RBM
Posted
Posted

Rbm you can pm me what the insurance office told you.lol.i wasnt sure insurance was a real option in phils..

Actually this is a real misconception here.

Personally know of instances where not only have Insurances companies paid out here, they have gone to extremes to provide excellent service....Hard to believe but true.

Blue Cross I have witnessed first hand with a friend hospitalized, they were excellent. Also Malayan insurance have a good reputation for paying out on vehicle accidents.  I have my new car with them.

• Like 2

kazualteaze69
Posted
Posted

Sry late reply rbm...interesting to hear that misconception..good to hear some positives on that subject because the bits ive read left me cautious

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Also Malayan insurance have a good reputation for paying out on vehicle accidents.  I have my new car with them.

Thanks for the tip on Malayan. I checked their site but I'm skeptical about web site testimonials. Anyone have personal experience with a claim?