Will Us Embassy Report Your For Overstaying?

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Hi guys. I have a friend (U.S. Citizen also) that lives down the road from me. he confided in me that he's been overstaying for a couple of years and that his passport will expire in a few months. He wants to renew it, but is afraid that the U.S. Embassy may report him to Phils immigration if he goes there while overstaying. I told him I didnt think they would do that. But, now that I think about it, I am not really so sure. He says he will try to clean up his overstay mess soon (I told him he needs to do that soon as possible), but wants to fix his passport renewal first. Anyone have any thoughts on how the Embassy will treat this? Or, will they even care?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Anyone have any thoughts on how the Embassy will treat this? Or, will they even care?

THE US EMBASSY only cares if 1 has pending charges against one, They will just look at it as a RENEWAL..

if he feels he may have ISSUES. why not RENEW BY MAIL

. meaning ,. send to a US address,

then send to the renewal center,

then its sent back to us address

then they(the us address) will forward it to him..

2, if he feels he may have AN ISSUE contact the AMERICAN ASSOCIATION PHILIPPINES

they are here to expat Americans. they  have the answer.

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/12899-american-association-philippines/

• Like 1

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Makes sense to me. Well, I dont think the guy has any pending charges against him or anything like that (but you never know.) He just fell on some bad times a while back. But he is getting back on his feet now and wants to do what's right. Thanks for the advice. I will pass it along.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I would think the embassy only concern would be renewing his passport. He will have to have it to sort the rest out and there really is no choice but get it done.