Making A Living

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So I read some of the posts on the link Subic Steve provided and I noticed one Call Center offering:  20k maternity cash assistance

This got me wondering exactly what they do all night while working in those call centers  :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
So I read some of the posts on the link Subic Steve provided and I noticed one Call Center offering:  20k maternity cash assistance

Sorry Dave, as Great as you are, You won't Qualify for this!  :no:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

You know Steve, I have no idea of your age and what not, but I got to thinking. Unless you almost completely finance the construction cost would you (if your in your 50's, 60's or 70's) like most of us, will you even make back the investment by the time the grim reaper shows up?

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
will you even make back the investment by the time the grim reaper shows up?

Consider building rentals a 1Million pesos a unit.  A unit of that cost will rent for 10 K pesos a month and up.  6 units will provide you with an average 40K per month (considering vacancies and expenses) which would adjust for inflation and not be susceptible to currency fluctuations.  That is a return of 8% Plus whatever inflation will provide in future in terms of rent increases or property value increase.  Sounds pretty good to me.  AND you can get your capital back at any time provided you build the rentals on separate titles because 1Million peso units are easy to sell

As has been pointed out, the big variable is quality of tenants. Now if I only had the 6 Million pesos in cash . . .

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Thanks boys for the replies,

I  am happy with what investments i have put in so far and maybe in the future too, like you say, if i had to walk away from it all its not the end of the world,

The land is Ems so its just the building cost and i could do a lot myself, plus it will keep me busy,

We are not talking millions here but security for my wife and because we maybe living somewhere in the Phils by then the revenue will be in peso so there is no need to worry about if currency changes, anyway its just a thought at this moment

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

You know Steve, I have no idea of your age and what not, but I got to thinking. Unless you almost completely finance the construction cost would you (if your in your 50's, 60's or 70's) like most of us, will you even make back the investment by the time the grim reaper shows up?

The trouble is nobody knows when he will show up, its about keeping busy and trying to make a profit someday,
So, when the Grim Reaper shows up, are you gonna charge him full rent? Edited by i am bob
  • Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

The trouble is nobody knows when he will show up, its about keeping busy and trying to make a profit someday,
So, when the Grim Reaper shows up, are you gonna charge him full rent?

Give him a discount and a 25 year lease w/auto renewal by that time he may have dementia too.

Forget about you foe another 50 or so, by that ime Fil is underwater and we can all retire to coconut plantations in Canada.   

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

So, when the Grim Reaper shows up, are you gonna charge him full rent?

Give him a discount and a 25 year lease w/auto renewal by that time he may have dementia too.
Forget about you foe another 50 or so, by that ime Fil is underwater and we can all retire to coconut plantations in Canada.

Gee... We already have palm trees at my old golf course back in Canada... Do we really have to wait 50 years for coconut trees?

:D Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed stuffed quote
  • Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Do we really have to wait 50 years for coconut trees?

Maybe less for the dwarf coconut trees :lol: