Cigarrete Smoking Ban At Ayala

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I think its all about being considerate of others.

Enough said

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Enough said

Yes, enough said. I am worried about my investments in Big Tobacco.

Can we have this topic locked?

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It is staying friendly... no reason to lock it  :)

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Enough said

Yes, enough said. I am worried about my investments in Big Tobacco.

Can we have this topic locked?

I was just agreeing with Tom, if people were a little more considerate when smoking I am sure we all could live with out this constant bickering. To me it is a bad habit and I smoke, some people just don't like it and fair enough and I know myself I really try hard not to antagonize anyone, some people have this attitude that ok I can smoke here and too bad if you don't l like it, I try to take the line of least resistance and show some consideration for other people, that's why all these signs are made, most people just have no common sense and more so in the PI when most locals ignore signs anyway.

• Like 1

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

"Now I will take my stinkin' foreign tourist dollars and spend them elsewhere. I hope others follow suit"

Odd thing about that. I avoided the terraces because of the smoke. Now I won't do that anymore, perhaps others will follow suit.

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
OK excuse me while I grab a beer.   

I don't have to say anything do I  :thumbsup:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I don't have Philippine statistics (wouldn't believe them anyway) but in the US health experts say exposure to "second hand" smoke kills 41,000 adults and 400 infants (SIDS) per year. In all almost half a million people in the US die annually from smoking-related illnesses <source>.  If they couldn't save Jackie Onassis and George Harrison what chance does the average Joe have?

Like it or not government has a basic responsibility to protect it's citizens by enacting and enforcing laws that prevent people from killing themselves and others. For every one who says they’re not giving any more business to the affected restaurants (as if it’s their fault the law is being enforced) there are many others who will be more likely to go and enjoy a smoke-free environment. Anyway, they’ll be back - what else is there to do in Cebu City but hang around a mall?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure:  Easy, Ban all Manufacture of cigarettes. If  there is fault, and Blame to be attached, Remove the cause End of. BUT....... they won't  and.... we know why don't we. In the UK the Cigarette Tax Funds that Wonderful? Health Service which has not so much Revenue now, this is due to less people Smoking. So now it is going Private. HERE! That Sin Tax would have to be Found Elsewhere. WHERE? upping the BOI Extension Fees of Course.

This Government intervention thing is just a Blinder

Like it or not government has a basic responsibility to protect it's citizens

Its all about Money as Usual. Feed and House the People before starting on a loser!

We all have choices, those that don't like things the way they are, will just have to find an alternative, Whichever side of the fence they are on.

Morning All,

:tiphat:  :morning1:

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)
Like it or not government has a basic responsibility to protect it's citizens by enacting and enforcing laws that prevent people from killing themselves and others. For every one who says they’re not giving any more business to the affected restaurants

If that was the case,the Government would ban Tobacco products,declare them as an illegal and a dangerous drug and no longer accept the tax income. 

Any thing else is hypocritical nonsense IMO.

As I said before..The perfect compromise would allow strict smoking and non smoking establishments too.exist to give paying customers freedom of choice where THEY decide to spend THEIR money..

The free market economy in a democratic society is ALWAYS the best judge on if  a small business can sink or swim..

If non smokers had a choice and only frequented non smoking bars,then perhaps smoking bars would be forced to rethink their own business strategies and become no smoking establishments. 

I have no problem with the shopping mall banning smoking BTW..Its their business and its quite right that they control their own policies.

Edited by fred
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Any thing else is hypocritical nonsense IMO.

I have just come back from the City (Did a Little Shopping) talking about Hypocrisy,  tomorrow is the Tax rise Date on Tobacco Beer and Spirits. At the Large Department Store here in Dumaguete, The Tobacco and drinks Department was the Busiest department in the Food hall Area.  The Store ( and it is the Biggest one Dumaguete Has) is Owned by a Totally Temperance family.

Now that is Hypocrisy at it's Highest. IMHO

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1