Cigarrete Smoking Ban At Ayala

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
As I said before..The perfect compromise would allow strict smoking and non smoking establishments too.exist to give paying customers freedom of choice where THEY decide to spend THEIR money..

That would work for me. 

Reminds me of when I used to cook for Chili's.  We opened a new unit in a family shopping center (most our units were in singles areas back then).  The restaurant had a large half and a small half, divided by the bar in the middle.  When we first opened there were 4 tables that were non-smoking.  The wait for these 4 tables was so long we made the small half of the restaurant non-smoking.   Still the wait was too long, and tables in the smoking section would be empty.  So we made the large half non-smoking... and eventually the original 4 tables that were nonsmoking became the only 4 tables that allowed smoking.  This took about a year to work out - and simply followed public demand.  I always thought that was a good way to do it.

Then a few years later the city made an ordinance making all restaurants nonsmoking.  But we already had it worked out to everyone's satisfaction.   :tiphat:

• Like 5

fred
Posted
Posted (edited)
 we know why don't we. In the UK the Cigarette Tax Funds that Wonderful? Health Service which has not so much Revenue now, this is due to less people Smoking.

I think last year alone the NHS received 13 Billion UK Pounds in tax from tobacco product receipts!

Most working class people in the UK now drink and smoke and socialize behind the locked doors of their private homes.

I`m pretty sure that the whole of the Philippines will eventually follow suit (parrot fashion)..Much like Davao have.

Its just the way big government have decided to tax,control us and remove our freedoms (for our own good).

This is what the "anti smoker" league and the UK nanny state P/C mob did to our pubs in Britain.

"The British pub is internationally famous. It is entirely bound with the nation's history. Yet 26 are closing per week – more than 1,000 a year – changing the look of the nation. Town and countryside are littered with pub corpses, boarded up and often awaiting permission for conversion to flats or houses."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/peteroborne/100255698/the-smoking-ban-killed-the-british-pub-this-vandalism-is-labours-defining-legacy/

Edited by fred

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

"The British pub is internationally famous. It is entirely bound with the nation's history. Yet 26 are closing per week – more than 1,000 a year – changing the look of the nation. Town and countryside are littered with pub corpses, boarded up  

On my last Visit to the UK I saw that many old Pubs are now Banks and Such. Just to please a Minority that can't find the Alternative and get a Life.

Smoking has been around for Centuries. I bet you that there a Damn site more Living, than have died from it. Here you have more chance of being hit by the Idiot Driver than Dying from, Something that has Never been Proven beyond Doubt.

Next they will be banning the Mobile Phone because of the Radiation, HUH then that may be good so we don't have to here some obnoxious people that use them too near to us But of course that's another Story.

JP :tiphat:  

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I don't think anyone would argue or disagree with the smoking .... non-smoking businesses ..... it is the hard-headed people both smoking and non-smoking who go to the opposite business and either lite up or demand that people don't smoke ..... some people just want to prove a point .... I would never go to a smoking establishment and want them to not smoke and I sure don't want a smoker to come to a non-smoking place I am in and lite up ..... just be courteous .....

Please don't blow smoke in my face and I won't .... :1247: .... in yours ......   :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You should have the freedom to kill yourself. You should not have the freedom to kill others. It’s really that simple.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
It’s really that simple.

Mike, When was life ever Simple? 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is what the "anti smoker" league and the UK nanny state P/C mob did to our pubs in Britain.

What the Broadsheet Papers say.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/mar/15/life-now-anti-smoking-brigade-ruin-it

Of Course you can apply this anywhere.

JP :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I don't think anyone would argue or disagree with the smoking .... non-smoking businesses

In some countries this has a risk, discrimination for employment. Suing for health issues from employees. Liability at its best.  Singapore Changi airport has a smoking bar which stinks from the outside and looks like fog on the inside.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think its all about being considerate of others.

Enough said

Yes, enough said. I am worried about my investments in Big Tobacco.

Can we have this topic locked?

It is staying friendly... no reason to lock it  :)

I think he was joking with saying he has investments in the tobacco industry.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 Easy, Ban all Manufacture of cigarettes

I was walking through the market today and saw tobacco for sale in 20 peso bundles, fresh off the farm.  So banning Manufacturers would have as much use as banning Marijuana cigarette manufacturers.  Whoops, there are none, so that did no good.

• Like 3