Cigarrete Smoking Ban At Ayala

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

The US government has turned into a nanny-state.

@ 65 the should give every one 2-3 pack s smokes and a few cigars,

a dozen beers and a fifth of  Jack.  Put them on a Harley with free stays at places like downtown Detroit, or Chicago.

Have them

eat free at all fast food chains and drink extra large soft drinks.........

REMEMBER ONLY YOU CAN HELP SAVE SOCIAL SECURITY.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Right now, with the economy as it is, taking away the very meager income from selling raw or processed tobacco would probably not make the president any friends - especially as he is a smoker himself...

I, myself, am like a drunk in the wild West... I continually fall off the wagon!

:D

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
 So banning Manufacturers would have as much use as banning Marijuana cigarette manufacturers.  Whoops, there are none, so that did no good.

But there are many marijuana cigarette producers in both of your home countries and the USA (especially California and Colorado) GW Pharmaceuticals is based in England and trades on the stock market and rated as a strong buy.

The medical marijuana industry has changed drastically in the time the compassion club has existed, said Shaw, who is also president of the Canadian Association of Medical Cannabis Dispensaries. There are about 60 unlicensed dispensaries in Vancouver now, up from just 12 in 2013.

Quebec-based Hydropothecary Inc., for example, is positioning itself as the Grey Goose Vodka of the industry: an upscale, discreet cultivator of medical pot. Its website is sparse and offers nothing more than a phone number, limited product menu, and three-step customer service promise that guarantees supply, 24/7 concierge service and privacy.

Other companies such as Whistler Medical Marijuana Corp. and Canna Farms Ltd. make no effort to disguise their affinity for the recreational market. They stay true to the “street” names of the cannabis they sell, or invent new names along the same lines.

Tweed Marijuana Inc., the country’s first publicly traded pot producer, has a more engaging approach. It sells dozens of varieties of creatively named cannabis and related merchandise such as vaporizers, medicine “carry-alls” and T-shirts. It’s also very active on social media and has an online blog with information about the broader industry.

Gator
Posted
Posted

UPDATE:

Got this text message late yesterday from the Concierge at Ayala:

"Good day this is the Concierge of Ayala Center, sir we just update your regarding with your concern we already brought up to the mall management, and for the Ordinance Number that was connected with your concern it was City Ordinance No. 2241 or the Comprehensive Anti-Smoking Ordinance of Cebu City.

thank you and we apologize."

A few other friends here who also submitted written "concerns" received basically the same message. Have to just wait and see if management replies, or more importantly, takes any action.

Just to be clear, my beef isn't so much about the smoking ban itself, but rather the unsafe area selected by Ayala as the designated smoking area. Even in the daytime people there get harassed by street beggars and the problem is compounded exponentially at night; especially when you factor in the addition of the aggressive lady boys and prostitutes plying their trade. They could have easily designated a safer area such as the open area up on the 4th floor near the fountains or better yet, a section of the grassy area near the Marriot.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am in a no smoking city.  There is no 'smoking section'.  As a non-smoker, I think that is going a bit overboard to tell you the truth.  But at our expat meetup yesterday I did ask why they had a smoking section at the outdoor restaurant we go to....  I found out they do not have a smoking section - they just could not get the expats to quit smoking so they gave up. 

It is one of the few establishments I have seen with no security guards either...  

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I am in a no smoking city.  There is no 'smoking section'.  As a non-smoker, I think that is going a bit overboard to tell you the truth.  But at our expat meetup yesterday I did ask why they had a smoking section at the outdoor restaurant we go to....  I found out they do not have a smoking section - they just could not get the expats to quit smoking so they gave up. 

And if the law is finally enforced they will be the first to cry that they are being "targeted" - after openly defying the laws of the host country. 

• Like 3

Lou49
Posted
Posted

UPDATE:

Got this text message late yesterday from the Concierge at Ayala:

"Good day this is the Concierge of Ayala Center, sir we just update your regarding with your concern we already brought up to the mall management, and for the Ordinance Number that was connected with your concern it was City Ordinance No. 2241 or the Comprehensive Anti-Smoking Ordinance of Cebu City.

thank you and we apologize."

A few other friends here who also submitted written "concerns" received basically the same message. Have to just wait and see if management replies, or more importantly, takes any action.

Just to be clear, my beef isn't so much about the smoking ban itself, but rather the unsafe area selected by Ayala as the designated smoking area. Even in the daytime people there get harassed by street beggars and the problem is compounded exponentially at night; especially when you factor in the addition of the aggressive lady boys and prostitutes plying their trade. They could have easily designated a safer area such as the open area up on the 4th floor near the fountains or better yet, a section of the grassy area near the Marriot.

A buddy of mine was at Ayala yesterday and told me that smoking was allowed at the big tree across from TGIF and at the cement "bleachers" or benches across from TGIF. I did not see this myself but his word is usually pretty good.

Markham
Posted
Posted

It is one of the few establishments I have seen with no security guards either...  

Davao's De Borderij is similar. There's a covered seating area out front for smokers - they even provide ashtrays - and there's no security guard. But smoking still isn't permitted and there's frequently a police car parked just up the street!

Czechman
Posted
Posted

It took me around 5-6 times to quit smoking and that was around 30 years ago and was it ever, ever, ever hard to do!! What I did on my 6th attempt was, I went to cigars ("swisher sweets" back then), and finally I did it. I am sure glad I did then and now. My motivation to quit came from a number of things: eliminating the constant bronchitis that I always had in Ohio, US; working beside this smoker -daily at the job I had- and constantly, constantly observe the black gunk running down from their nostrils (gross indeed!); and the money I saved because those cancer-stick's prices just kept going up and up! I just made a choice and said, what really are these things doing for me besides derailing my health and wasting my money -when I had a wife and 2 kids to care for/provide for. The rest is history...

• Like 1

Czechman
Posted
Posted

The US government has turned into a nanny-state.

@ 65 the should give every one 2-3 pack s smokes and a few cigars,

a dozen beers and a fifth of  Jack.  Put them on a Harley with free stays at places like downtown Detroit, or Chicago.

Have them

eat free at all fast food chains and drink extra large soft drinks.........

REMEMBER ONLY YOU CAN HELP SAVE SOCIAL SECURITY.

I'd like a lifetime supply of beer myself, good beer like dark beer fermented in the bottle brew - and that is not that inferior, lite stuff either, and the rest of your list they can give to someone else! LOL!

• Like 1