Prenuptial Not Necessary?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas is correct. As an American citizen you can divorce your wife.

It would be wise locating major assets outside Philippines for a number of good reasons including your question.

And with assets and divorcing abroad, you can have use of a prenup. 

Perhaps look at it a different way if you're afraid to lose your hard earned nest egg.

Why do you want to get married?

SHE wants it?

What would she do if you refused nicely?

She would have the choice of trying to find another "rich" foreigner or accepting the life you offer without any strings....... just a thought......

Well. That would be an insulting suggestion to her, if she is a traditional Filipina...

(Compare to how it was in our home countries before WW II.)

Curley
Posted
Posted

Thomas is correct. As an American citizen you can divorce your wife.

It would be wise locating major assets outside Philippines for a number of good reasons including your question.

And with assets and divorcing abroad, you can have use of a prenup. 

Perhaps look at it a different way if you're afraid to lose your hard earned nest egg.

Why do you want to get married?

SHE wants it?

What would she do if you refused nicely?

She would have the choice of trying to find another "rich" foreigner or accepting the life you offer without any strings....... just a thought......

Well. That would be an insulting suggestion to her, if she is a traditional Filipina...

(Compare to how it was in our home countries before WW II.)

Have you ever stopped to count the number of Filipino couples "living in sin"?

jon1
Posted
Posted

She will feel a stigmatized, especially if she is with a foreigner. Even if the family is OK with it. I was with my wife over 7 years before we got married. After the wedding, she was/has been extremely happy and that cloud has evaporated. 

Also, getting married before 30 is another social deadline for whatever reason...

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

She will feel a stigmatized, especially if she is with a foreigner. Even if the family is OK with it. I was with my wife over 7 years before we got married. After the wedding, she was/has been extremely happy and that cloud has evaporated. 

Also, getting married before 30 is another social deadline for whatever reason...

Myrlita was 53 when she & I got married.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

J was 34 when we got married and we lived together for 6 months before we got married .... we wanted to be sure we were compatible before tying the knot ... :dance:

:cheersty:

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

My friend has been engaged to the same woman for 42 years, When I ask him why he doesnt get married, He says he wants to be sure she is the right one for him, Because he doesnt want to give her half of what he owns if they split up  :)

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Have you ever stopped to count the number of Filipino couples "living in sin"?
I know they are many, but what reputation do they have among the traditionals...   :) 

Yes.  Some Filipinas feel OLD even when they are 26    :lol:

So it's odd many Filipinas start counting themselves as one year OLDER allready when the CALENDER year start, even if they have birthday late in the year !!!   while some western women claim to be "29" for ever  :mocking:

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted
I know they are many, but what reputation do they have among the traditionals... :)

WHY live YOUR life according to the ideals of other people if you are doing them no harm by living your life the way you want to?

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I know they are many, but what reputation do they have among the traditionals... :)

WHY live YOUR life according to the ideals of other people if you are doing them no harm by living your life the way you want to?

I DON'T bother what people think MYSELF,

BUT better bother if have sensitive wife and/or kids...   :)

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Prenuptial or not... I think it would be wise to not disclose what you are worth in the Philippines, no matter who you think you can trust - not even your wife.  You not only could lose your money, but end up in a ditch. 

I am still contemplating the best strategy to avoid this outcome - make it known that the money stops coming once your gone.   

• Like 1