Personality Differences Between Regions

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I have been to Dumaguete,Negros, many times and I was not just in the city. I have found the people there very friendly and not as loud as the people here in Dalaguete Cebu. People`s experiences will differ all the time.

I should have made it clear that I was thinking of the bundoks, certainly not Dumaguete which is a sophisticated city (and has the best tricycles and drivers...)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yes. of course there are.  I asked for differences between AVERAGES of people from different regions.

Thomas with greatest Respect, I wonder if sometimes you Understand the Questions you ask. To get an Average of all Regions. If you Listen to only those that say OH! the North is better How are you going to get a true National Average that you can break down in to Regions.

To arrive at the answer you want, you have to have reports from all over the Phils then you can get your Average.

You must add in the differences in Barangays, Towns and Cities, Provinces. Here there are very much Averages of even that. Averages are like the % game, you have to include as much information that is there.

Good Morning All.

:tiphat:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
I'm sure, but both my lola and the 4-5 Warays I've met here have this thing where they run their hands up and down your arms/pinch your stomach and proclaim that you're too skinny and need to eat. Now.

Sounds like just about every woman in The Philippines that takes a motherly interest in me!  I seem to attract them.  I think I must have "Wayward Son" stamped on my forehead.

I find Papanga's to be a little hard to take; pushy and rude much of the time, but that may be a result of the amount of arrogant expats (and there's no shortage) that reside in their province.  Funnily enough, all my Filipino friends in Papanga and surrounds are from The Visayas originally, specifically Butuan, Negos Oriental, and Cebu, but I didn't know that when I met them.  It's become a bit of a catalyst in my choice of the Visayas for my final destination.  My long association with Negros and recent experiences in Cebu/Mactan/Bohol have only reinforced that impression.  

I find Bisayans in general to be much more friendly and open and less inclined to hold their hands out than those from the North; on the surface at least.  As to work ethic, can't really comment other than to say those that I associate with appear to work very hard when the opportunity arises.  Long-term living there may change that impression or not.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

(and has the best tricycles and drivers...)

:hystery: Hmmmmmmmmmmm :unsure:  Very Debatable at times, with their Minimum fare now reduced to 7.50 per ride, :rolleyes:  we wait to see what maintenance will be done to them (The tricylces) and what type of Drivers we can expect any time soon. :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sounds like just about every woman in The Philippines that takes a motherly interest in me!  I seem to attract them.  I think I must have "Wayward Son" stamped on my forehead.

Brett, I think they are more interested in what's in you wallet ie ATM card :cheers:

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes. of course there are.  I asked for differences between AVERAGES of people from different regions.

Thomas with greatest Respect, I wonder if sometimes you Understand the Questions you ask. To get an Average of all Regions. If you Listen to only those that say OH! the North is better How are you going to get a true National Average that you can break down in to Regions.

To arrive at the answer you want, you have to have reports from all over the Phils then you can get your Average.

You must add in the differences in Barangays, Towns and Cities, Provinces. Here there are very much Averages of even that. Averages are like the % game, you have to include as much information that is there.

Good Morning All.

:tiphat:

I mean "Average"  = What's common.

I suppouse most posters have been in at least 2 regions. If  region X is friendlier and less loud than region Y, and If  Y is friendlier and less loud than Z, then the conclusion is X is friendlier and less loud than Z...    :)    

If the oppinion is a region is louder and less friendly than a region I know of, then I don't need to check that   :)  

and if the opposite, it can be worth checking...

E g we heared in an other topic, Marinduque has less crime, which made me interested in it  (although it's probably to small island to suit the business I plan to start.)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I mean "Average"  = What's common.  

What's common all over the PI is Noise, Pollution and it seems, Crime is on the Increase and that my Friend is top to bottom of the Islands

I would wish you well on your Findings.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

In most countries of the northern hemisphere, the Northerners despise the Southerners. \it's just the way it is.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In most countries of the northern hemisphere, the Northerners despise the Southerners. \it's just the way it is.

OH YES! So true in the UK, North of the Watford Gap you are an Alien. :rolleyes:

Not Withstanding the North of Hadrian's Wall.  :unsure:  Where Life apparently is extinct  :mocking:  Then of course we have the West of the Island. Enough said a bout that I think  :dance:

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

OH YES! So true in the UK, North of the Watford Gap you are an Alien. :rolleyes:

Not Withstanding the North of Hadrian's Wall.  :unsure:  Where Life apparently is extinct  :mocking:  Then of course we have the West of the Island. Enough said a bout that I think  :dance:

We're agreeing again, Jack. :tiphat: 

"We mut stop meeting like this! People will talk!"