Anyone Know Lawyers In Ormoc,leyte?

Ron888
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys! My name is Ron.

I'm from australia and have a 6yo son in the philippines :-)

Unfortunately his mother has barely let me see him since he was born and wont even accept money anymore.It's a looooong story and i dont want to get into it right now.Too much pain.Suffice to say i did  little wrong throughout the relationship,and since.

Anyways all the soft options for negotiating visitation rights are long used up so it's time to get serious. The problem i have is that i only have the contact details for one lawyer/attorney in their city -ormoc,leyte.

I REALLY dont want to use that guy because i think he's dodgy as hell (when your ex and her mother laugh into their hands when they hear your choice of lawyer it cant be good, lol )

So does anyone know a relatively decent family-matters attorney in Ormoc?

Or does anyone know how to find contact details for attorneys listed on the internet?    *minor rant* (why the hell are they listed on google and facebook yet have zero contact details.WTH ??!!

Any way,if any one can help in any way i'd very much appreciate it :-)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I used "bing" and came of with a site called path legal which seems like a lawyer phone book with different categories to pick from (no child custody category, go figure).

Good luck, dealing with the Filipino legal system.

brock
Posted
Posted

I doubt you will have much luck, The lawyers will take your money and promise you all kind of things, But the mother of a child from 7 years and under has complete control over the child.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
I REALLY dont want to use that guy because i think he's dodgy as hell (when your ex and her mother laugh into their hands when they hear your choice of lawyer it cant be good, lol )

It would still be risk YOUR lawyer will take side with the Filipino, but it can be some less risk, if you chose a lawyer from ELSEWHERE than Ormoc. The further away, the less risk they have any connection. Many Filipinos are good at having HUGE networks...

(E g one Filipina I know got work through her father's cousin's wife's brother's wife...   :lol:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Brock knows exactly what he is talking about so at best you may have to wait a few years. 

Seriously wish you the best in this regard it must be very difficult for you.

Ron888
Posted
Posted

Thanks heaps everyone who responded.It's great to have at least a couple of people not 'automatically taking her side'

Ron888
Posted
Posted

I used "bing" and came of with a site called path legal which seems like a lawyer phone book with different categories to pick from (no child custody category, go figure).

Good luck, dealing with the Filipino legal system.

Thanks Scott.I did see that site but figured it was another waste of time.I'll give it a go.

Ron888
Posted
Posted

More thoughts:

I've heard many bad things about filipino lawyers- they run us around in slow expensive circles,etc. It hasnt occured to me that they might lie outright!

I was lead to beleive i could at least have visitation rights with my son.Perhaps i have no rights at all?

How do i find out if i cant trust the lawyers? I've often thought of contacting some of the local judges in that city and ask them. I very much doubt that's possible though.

....Assuming they arent part of the money making merry-go-round also.

Anyways i think i still need to get a lawyer so i can find out if my son is still in the country (thought i'm trying to think of other ways i can do this) .The ex has a new guy in england and may have taken my son there! I know it's technically illegal for her to do that but i'm sure that wouldnt stop her

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It took me about 2 minutes of searching to find out that under Philippine law the biological father has visitorial rights. But getting them is a different matter. You need a lawyer and, hopefully, someone on the forum can recommend one.

http://famli.blogspot.com/2008/08/visitation-rights-over-illegitimate.html

• Like 1

Ron888
Posted
Posted

It took me about 2 minutes of searching to find out that under Philippine law the biological father has visitorial rights. But getting them is a different matter. You need a lawyer and, hopefully, someone on the forum can recommend one.

http://famli.blogspot.com/2008/08/visitation-rights-over-illegitimate.html

Thanks.Yes that's what ive heard.However my past experience is that she will do ****EVERY LITTLE THING SHE CAN****  to frustrate this.And so far everyone there has let her get away with it :-(

Thats why i need a reliable lawyer