One Very Lucky Swede!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Swede from Oslo Norway living in Sibonga Philippines. :89:  One lucky guy or was an arrangement made?

Swedish national nabbed for mauling gf, fighting cops

CEBU, Philippines - A Swedish national was arrested after he allegedly mauled his girlfriend and going wild inside the police station Saturday night in Barangay Poblacion, Sibonga town.

Peter Felix Widegren, 37, a resident of Oslo, Norway, even tried to resist police arrest, but was eventually apprehended for allegedly mauling his Filipina girlfriend Clara Amistad, 29.

Police Officer 3 Teofilo Manlanat of Sibonga Police said that before Widegren’s arrest, they received a report of a foreigner and his girlfriend who were very noisy arguing with each other near their house in Barangay Poblacion.

According to the report, Widegren, who was drunk, was mad at his girlfriend after the latter refused to give him his motorcycle key.

Police officers arrived and caught the foreigner hurting Amistad, prompting them to intervene.

Widegren reportedly got enraged and challenged the policemen to a fistfight, said Manlanat.

Freeman ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch:

The police managed to calm him down and brought him to the police station.

At the station, Widegren, when asked about a few questions, reportedly went wild and threw plastic chairs at the police officers.

He challenged the policemen again to a fistfight and later calmed down.

He was brought to Cebu Provincial Hospital in Carcar City and underwent liquor test before he was detained at the police stockade. 

Manlanat said Widegren will be released today if Amistad and their neighbors will not file a case against him.

“Pero hapit na daw sila molarga sa gawas kuyog ang Pinay, unsaon na lang kuno og pasakaan ni og kaso. Mura’g nadala na lang og sabot, sir,” Manlanat said.

Upon getting sober, the foreigner reportedly became remorseful for what he had done, added Manlanat.  Out of humanitarian consideration, Sibonga Police will not be filing any case against the foreigner.  (FREEMAN)

Hesalright
Posted
Posted

What an idiot.... Make's us all look bad.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

That is not a Swede.

That is a (typical) Norwegian!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

He must have been watching the Viking marathon on A&E channel :bash:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I cannot help but think he had to buy his way out of trouble.  He better have some very deep pockets should he ever do this again. 

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Maybe his g/f should have given him the keys to the bike and he could have wiped himself out, he should be thanking her. The g/f must be the brains of the outfit.

• Like 3

starlet
Posted
Posted

That is not a Swede.

Even if it's painful for me to accept, you might be correct, Sir!

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

That is not a Swede.

Well. I have to admit - it can be both - but more likely a Swede, who live in Norway   :boohoo:    :)      (=The name is probably Swedish.)

(Rather many Swedes work in Norway, because it's better pay, although higher costs too.) 

Out of humanitarian consideration, Sibonga Police will not be filing any case against the foreigner.
Is the Sibonga Police realy like that?   Isn't it of MONETARIAN consideration?   :mocking:

Better if they had kept him in custody/jail a while...  :bash:

According to the report, Widegren, who was drunk, was mad at his girlfriend after the latter refused to give him his motorcycle key.
  A Filipina I know have similar problem  - with a Norwegian :)  -  but in that case it's keys to a car.  I adviced her to GIVE him the keys, but AFTER she had sneakly REMOVED the petrol pump relay, so the car don't start   :lol:     (The relay is some hidden, so I asume he is to drunk to make an enough systematical check to find out it's missing.)
  • Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I knew many Norwegian students back in the day. They were quite fond of alcohol but they knew better than to drink and drive. They had the very best partys!

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Peter Felix Widegren, 37, a resident of Oslo, Norway,

It could be the person is Norwegian, not Swede. Some Filipinos confuse Norway, Finland, Denmark and Sweden because the four countries are also collectively known as Scandinavia.

• Like 2