Philippines City Hires 20 Gay Traffic Wardens

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Two days training? Oh well more fun  :999:

Mayor believes drivers will respect the dancing pink-clad Queens of the Road -

A city in the Philippines has employed 20 gay traffic wardens in an effort to stop fighting between drivers and 'macho' traffic enforcers.

The Queens of the Road were piloted in congested areas of Rosario, Cavite province on Saturday (7 February).

The all-gay squad was the brainchild of Mayor Jose Ricafrente Jr, who thinks drivers will respond well to their dance routines.

'I believe that drivers will respect these gays who will perform their eight-hour duty everyday. We are so used to the macho type of traffic enforcer, who often had to fight it out with drivers,' he said.

'Now is the time to use the gay enforcers and maybe we can see how their kindness can work in managing our traffic problems.'

Ferrnando Garcia, Rosario Traffic Management chief, said the gay traffic wardens will wear pink polo shirts as uniform and will use a mat fan to direct traffic.

The road queens were trained for two days in basic traffic management and were deputized to issue tickets to traffic violators.

Ricafrente said members of the Philippine National Police would be dispatched to assist the gay enforcers.

Watch the Queens of the Road in action below:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Way to go Philippines.  Lets keep those gay stereotypes alive.   :1 (103):  Maybe they will blow that whistle a bit harder than the 'macho' cops.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
blow that whistle a bit harder

Now that's a low blow Dave :cheersty:

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Way to go Philippines.  Lets keep those gay stereotypes alive.   1%20(103).gif  Maybe they will blow that whistle a bit harder than the 'macho' cops.

Dave - you planning to change an entire national culture? Of course it would be nice if the stereotype was not there, but it is, and I doubt if you and I can change it. So often in the Philippines we see "modern western" ideas taken up and turned into a bad copy of the original, with effects that are worse than if nothing had been done at all.

Personally, I am glad to see baklas offered a legitimate job outside hairdressing and dressmaking.

A Thai airline was reported to be offering transsexuals jobs as cabin staff which is another similar thing.

I have quite strong views on this, as the stepfather of a six year old boy who plays with dolls and who wants to be a dressmaker,..

457E5787-29B8-41D6-BF19-779289F7DC2F_zps

He is a fine little boy - he is not "soft" - he climbs trees and falls out of them, he loves swimming (and he really goes for it - he does not just doggy paddle in the shallows) riding a bicycle, etc. He just likes dolls, wants to wear make up and wants to be a designer when he grows up...

IMG_3885_zpsa830ccab.jpg

Edited by Methersgate

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
I have quite strong views on this, as the stepfather of a six year old boy who plays with dolls and who wants to be a dressmaker,..

Well Meth's

That boy may not thank you for posting his picture in this way, when he get's older!

Great Picture though of Mother and son.....JB

• Like 1

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

I think any son would be happy to know their father is proud of them.

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I have a friend who retired after a full career in the USMC. Dave is "rampantly heterosexual" (and very happily married to a Singaporean) but he tells me that up to the age of 12 he would wander round the house in his mother's dresses and heels. I have another American friend who is a post-op transsexual and she tells me that there is no way to predict the eventual sexual preferences of a child. So far as I am concerned, so long as Krian enjoys life, and is nicely behaved, I am happy.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm  :unsure:  I have a Gay Sister back in the UK and I can tell you this, Like my 3 Dogs (No Pun here please) She and her now Married Partner are to be Trusted a Lot more than a heck of a lot of Normal? (define Normal!) Friends and Acquaintances I have.This I have come to find out  and realize over the Years is probably one of their beast Traits, along with Confidentiality, Trustworthiness and Honesty,  some may say with good reason but No!  not in this day and age. We can all knock what we don't Understand but I have Found and some of my Friends also, that Gay People are in the main far more Diligent in the Things they Do, the Majority have Work Ethics we ( the Right handed :unsure: ) could only wish 50% of.

little rant over.  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
the Majority have Work Ethics we ( the Right handed :unsure: ) could only wish 50% of.

Hey Jack,

I'm left handed, but like other's I too have strong views on the subject.

On the one hand (not right) I find male Gay people I have met to to be friendly kind and considerate.

On the other hand (could be left) I find it troubling as to were children stand in Gay relationships, maybe going off topic here :unsure: .....JB

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Well I think this is a good place for this topic.

K had a babysitter - the brother of her flatmate - who is a full on bakla - we are still friends and he is just wonderful with kids. in fact whenever we go to Olongapo we still ask him to take care of Krian if we go out.

• Like 2