Philippines City Hires 20 Gay Traffic Wardens

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Well I think this is a good place for this topic.

K had a babysitter - the brother of her flatmate - who is a full on bakla - we are still friends and he is just wonderful with kids. in fact whenever we go to Olongapo we still ask him to take care of Krian if we go out.

That's were the controversy comes in, while I would agree that most Gay people, I know are wonderful with kids, I have seen that myself. It's the mixed messages that partnership's and marriage in the Gay Community send out to children under a certain age.

Kid's are confused enough without putting extra pressure on them in the wider terms. Let them come to their own understanding in their own time, without bombarding them with pictures and information at an early age.

(This happening now in the politically correct West)

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I cannot usefully comment as I don't actually know a same sex couple bringing up a child. The newspapers tell me that they exist, but they must be only slightly more common than Unicorns.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I cannot usefully comment as I don't actually know a same sex couple bringing up a child. The newspapers tell me that they exist, but they must be only slightly more common than Unicorns.

Elton John is no unicorn. He has 2 boys with his man.

Rosie O'Donnell, an American comedian, has 5 children with 3 different wives.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Slightly different angle.

My grandson who I love dearly, at the age of four asked me,where is my Dad?

His Mum, my daughter split with his Father, before he was born.

If he can ask that question at four, what more for children in a same sex Partnership or Marriage.

Children in school grow up fast and are not afraid to ask questions even at an early age. sometimes the truth hurt's.

I dont believe Gay people should be persecuted for being gay, but they have a duty just like everyone else ,to see that children are safely guarded from adult behaviour, until they reach an age of understanding.

Edited by Kuya John

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

At risk of wandering gently off the subject, my stepson cannot remember his actual father as his parents broke up when he was one. When he was two he disliked being told that he had no Daddy, so I said he has got me. At the age of six his mother explained to him that I am his stepfather not his birth father. He is still getting his mind round this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk