Id For Domestic Flight From Davao To Manila

chris49
Posted
Posted

Can't actually think of why Davao immigration officer would be at the airport and it might have been just a story.

Davao has a daily flight to Singapore and, reportedly, Dragonair is to commence a service to Hong Kong.

Good clarification. Thanks.

• Like 1

callippo
Posted
Posted

thanks guys. i once heard that someone from Davao immigration at the airport demanded to see someone's passport for a domestic flight.

If somebody had told me that, I would have said why would any passenger see an immigration official at an airport prior to getting a domestic flight?

Foreign ID's like photo driving licenses are fine.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If somebody had told me that, I would have said why would any passenger see an immigration official at an airport prior to getting a domestic flight?

We forget I think, that immigration are not just at Airports for incoming/outgoing Tourists but have a job to do at all times everywhere. If challenged by a BOI officer/s anywhere at any time  it is our Duty not to hinder them but to show what documentation they request and I might add, it is also their job to inspect nationals as well who may be catching onward flights out of the PI. Mainly OFW's to ensure they have the correct Documentation

Sometimes I get the impression that we Think they are only there to Bug us (The Foreigner)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Who knows, the person may have a bad memory or was confused as to who asked what. If I remember correctly you can not get it the front door at Davao without showing ID. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If I remember correctly you can not get it the front door at Davao without showing ID. 

You need to show a ticket and ID to get into any Airport for security reasons and if you are a Foreigner it  will most likely be  a Passport they will ask for. especially if Immigration are on Duty and around the Departure Entrance to the Airport.

Morning All.

JP :tiphat:  :morning1:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
You need to show a ticket and ID to get into any Airport for security reasons

Some years ago yes, but I don't believe that is currently true. At least in my experience they check IDs as you go through the initial security screening, not at the entrance.

Markham
Posted
Posted

You need to show a ticket and ID to get into any Airport for security reasons

Some years ago yes, but I don't believe that is currently true. At least in my experience they check IDs as you go through the initial security screening, not at the entrance.

It is not uncommon to be asked for ID in addition to flight ticket at the entrance to Davao's airport, especially at times of heightened security alerts.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hmmmmmmmmmm Ok maybe at the Larger Airports, but I have just come back from seeing a friend off to the UK at Dumaguete for the PM Flight and was not even allowed inside the perimeter fence. No Ticket No Entry. Security at it's Highest I thought.

Mileage always seems to vary

JP :tiphat:

callippo
Posted
Posted

In Thailand foreigners have to present their passports every time they check into a hotel, that never or almost never happens in the Philippines. I have never been asked for my passport here anywhere except in immigration related contexts, either at a BoI office or in an international airport terminal (not a domestic one). For domestic flights I always use my UK driving license to check in and also if I need to show ID to get into the building. If I'm flying from CDO to Cebu I will not be needing to produce my passport and there is no law here like in Thailand that supposedly compels me to have it on my person at all times.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
have never been asked for my passport here anywhere except in immigration related contexts,

That is interesting as I have been asked for my passport EVERY time I check into a hotel room in Philippines.  That is many dozens of times over the last 8 years.  I do not give it to them as I do not carry it.  Instead i show them my Philippine driver's license but they always ask me for it.  Goes to show how everyone's Philippine experience is different