Id For Domestic Flight From Davao To Manila

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Some years ago yes, but I don't believe that is currently true. At least in my experience they check IDs as you go through the initial security screening, not at the entrance.

Hmmmmmmmmmm Ok maybe at the Larger Airports, but I have just come back from seeing a friend off to the UK at Dumaguete for the PM Flight and was not even allowed inside the perimeter fence. No Ticket No Entry. Security at it's Highest I thought.

Mileage always seems to vary

JP :tiphat:

In Bacolod, you need IDs and tickets to get into the perimeter fence and again at initial screening then boarding passes at secondary screening but then every now and again I read of someone on a plane with no ticket. Lately in USA, a middle aged lady and before that, a young boy.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Lately in USA, a middle aged lady and before that, a young boy.

Yes I have done this but you are on the Flight  manifest and is checked at Boarding gate with Passport., you have your Boarding Card and that is the Most Important. Paperless tickets I believe they call it now, Name Passport and There you go.Boarding card but it would be Different here, you need some sort of paper to even get into the Airport. That to me is the right way to do it. :thumbsup:

callippo
Posted
Posted

have never been asked for my passport here anywhere except in immigration related contexts,

That is interesting as I have been asked for my passport EVERY time I check into a hotel room in Philippines.  That is many dozens of times over the last 8 years.  I do not give it to them as I do not carry it.  Instead i show them my Philippine driver's license but they always ask me for it.  Goes to show how everyone's Philippine experience is different

p

I've spent maybe 100 of the last 120 days staying in maybe 30 different hotels/pension house around the Visayas and nobody has asked for any passport. You get asked for ID occasionally in a lo of other contexts too, but nobody, not even a traffic cop at a roadblock ever asks to see specifically your passport. In Thailand and Malaysia it is totally different. Once in Sarawak i was detained when I was unable to produce my passport when a car in which I was a passenger was stopped at a roadblock.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
nobody has asked for any passport.

This so very true and YET it is a requirement to carry it at all times. but then.........................

callippo
Posted
Posted

I thought that it wasn't a requirement to carry your passport at all times here as a foreigner unlike in Thailand. There and in Malaysia, if you get stopped by the police, they ask for your passport and you cannot produce it (or at least a copy), you are in trouble. Here they never even ask for it. ID yes. Passport, no.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Lately in USA, a middle aged lady and before that, a young boy.

Yes I have done this but you are on the Flight  manifest and is checked at Boarding gate with Passport., you have your Boarding Card and that is the Most Important. Paperless tickets I believe they call it now, Name Passport and There you go.Boarding card but it would be Different here, you need some sort of paper to even get into the Airport. That to me is the right way to do it. :thumbsup:

I did not mean that...I meant no ticket at all, not on the manifest like in these three instances:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/woman-with-no-ticket-arrested-after-minnesota-florida-flight/ar-AA9dHLv

http://ktla.com/2014/08/06/tsa-airline-officials-review-screening-protocols-after-stowaway-arrested-at-lax/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-boards-flight-minneapolis-las-vegas-ticket/story?id=20486346

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I did not mean that...I meant no ticket at all, not on the manifest like in these three instances:

:unsure:  Then how on Earth did they get a Boarding card?  :rolleyes:  That's a Head roll situation to me, A Terrorist Bombers Haven at an Airport that can neglect this sort of Security and a behavior like that is just abysmal, But it would not have happened here now would it? You cant get in to say goodbye to a Friend  never mind Fly out! :thumbsup:

jpbago
Posted
Posted
But it would not have happened here now would it? You cant get in to say goodbye to a Friend never mind Fly out!

Yes, it could happen here. Last November, our niece and her daughter, both without tickets, brought our mother into the airport check in for Cebu Pacific at T3. Two days before that, they both came into the airport to pick her up from us. There are many people sleeping all along the walls on both floors in T1 and T3, maybe T2 as well. I think they live there.

I am surprised that those 3 instances happended in the USA with all that security not just once but a few times goes to show that nothing is 100% secure and anything is possible.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Somebody will say this is wrong but if you look up the reasons you are suppose to carry your ACR card, it is to replace the need to carry your passport with you. Without it, you are suppose to have your passport with you at all times... And, yes, most times other than at BI, a photocopy with your information page as well as your latest current stamp/sticker will be accepted - but not always!

Markham
Posted
Posted

nobody has asked for any passport.

This so very true and YET it is a requirement to carry it at all times. but then.........................

I thought that it wasn't a requirement to carry your passport at all times here as a foreigner unlike in Thailand. There and in Malaysia, if you get stopped by the police, they ask for your passport and you cannot produce it (or at least a copy), you are in trouble. Here they never even ask for it. ID yes. Passport, no.

Unless you have been issued with an ACR-I Card - and it is within its validity - as "visitors" you need to carry your Passport with you at all times.